Accident

Good post, Pat. I have been interested in reading about that NFL player that recently head butted his newly married wife during an argument. He lost her, his job, and his reality show, all in quick order. He's out there babbling apologies now. Almost feel sorry for the guy...

Sorry to hear this. Regardless of past going's on, let's all pull for Erik making a full recovery.

regardless of whatever shit went on between y'all
a man has been hurt

i took my boom to altec and had the 8 hr inspection done on it they provided me a list of all defects, and an estimate for repair

old pos booms will not get ceretified, my friends old lr 50 was not even allowed in, since it had a cut up order on it due to age

So far... not good. Broken wrist and internal injuries. August 14 at 12:10pm

... still in hospital. August 14 at 3:45pm

My daughter is posting for me. August 14 at 5:28pm

It was the main cable at tge kbuckle that popped. I dropped/swung about 35 foot. And landed hard in the cradle breaking the upper boom.there and my waist deatroted the basket. August 14 at 5:44pm

Deteriorate I bet.

Man that sucks. I sent him a text, wishing him well.

Don't think with or without a harness would have mattered. I can't imagine free falling in a boom. Whoa.

Gotta maintain your shit, well beyond any wax can do.

The fall didn't hurt him, it was the sudden stop when the boom hit the cradle. And I agree, a harness would be irrelevant in that situation other than making it more difficult getting him out of it.

My uncle dropped 40 feet when a bucket broke at the truck 3 years ago. He smoked a cig, laid down for 20 minutes in the truck, and finished the job on his gaffs......

Sounds like when the limb I was on broke and I took a fall, blowing out my knee. If my foot woulda been in the right position, I'd have sustaind no injury whatsoever.

One of my boys dumped his whole truck over 2 years ago. Doing line clearance. Edge of the road gave way. He went over in the bucket, truck and all. Busted him up good.

Back