Accident

sotc

Dormant hero!!
I figured some here would want to know the netree (Erik) had a cable on his bucket fail. He is in the hospital but is able to post on face book. Maybe some thoughts his direction would be appreciated while he recovers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I assume it would be a bucket leveling cable. That would allow one to be dumped out of the basket.

That's an ancient old POS bucket truck he has. Got it from somebody who owed him money with a long, convoluted chain of events resulting in him having possession of the truck. Not sure if he ever got the title but he had a fake tag on it for years. A death trap.

Prayers sent.
+1

Karma's a bitch.

Karma.bmp

If it was like my old Asplundh AL50, it had cables running from the cylinders around "rollers", I guess you'd call them to the boom above. If one of those failed, the bucket would fall.

I hate hearing about any tree guy/gal getting hurt. Especially someone I "know" from the forums. Best wishes to Erik and his family.

How much does it cost to have your bucket inspected yearly or even every couple yrs? POS or not that would be a priority for me.

I hear the 'karma' statement,
...but I agree with the sentiment that it is a shame when anyone gets injured.

While working in the Trauma ICU back in 1995 I learned that injury is nothing to take lightly, even if it happens to an old enemy.
Dave was a patient who had done me wrong years earlier, and it was he who was all chewed up, physically, and I must say emotionally.
Pain meds didn't seem to begin to touch his pain. I knew he was nervous that I was his nurse.
I told him he had enough to work on with healing his body and forgave him for his past misdeeds.
You could see him relax and he was able to find a bit more peace.
I got over the loss long ago; and I thought at the time he'll likely be thinking of my 'forgiveness' every day as he struggles with his new limitations.
So, I guess that is a case of karma, too... hmmm.

Back