ABR Rigging Thimbles

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
Yes!! So. Much. Better. The anodizing was killing me on using these the way I want to. I'm going to get setup with these.

Awesome product Nick. Will ABR/Treestuff be offering spliced products with these rings in the near future?

Cheers!

Ive got a feeling there will be some drama over these......

I like how you guys improved on them. I'll totally give them a go next time we need something like that.

I think I gots to jump on the bandwagon now.

Cory, I use the rings almost exclusively now. I still drag around my bag of blocks in case I need them but they never seem to make it out of the bag.

And.these rings seem to offer an advance.

I tend to use a block for a main rigging point and then use a steel biner for a redirect. The biner bend radius isn't great but midline attachable is great. I'll try an ABR for the redirect, for starters. Kind of the opposite of a biner- good radius but not midline attachable. I'm eager to try it.

I redirect often for better angles, less swing.

Lotta drama at TB over this product.
As you are at your redirection point, while seeing rigging, you would be at the ring to pass the rope end thru. Just plan ahead, amap.

Yup , thats what I do. But the more you can easily evolve/adapt/alter your plan, the better

I use the original version of the Rig and Ring....the large rigging size. I just can't help but smile each time I set it high in a tree that we're taking down. That large Rig and Ring is just sweet. No more climbing to the top just to set a block. I do it all from the ground.

Many times we get into a situation where the weather prevents us from finishing the job. (Lightning storms for example) The Rig and Ring can be pulled down remotely in a few minutes. All of the gear is stowed away until we get back to the job.

I've not yet worn through the anodized coating of my large Rig and Ring, but when I do I'll replace it with a set of these new ABR plain aluminum rings.

Joel

Back