A job I looked at today

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 65
  • Views 6K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I'm gonna tell the guy 8-900 hundred, I figure a morning and we can have it down. We don't have to move anything or buck it up :)

Looks like the other Hemlock next to it would make a nice gin pole and save you a tone of time with the trunk wood and limbs. If theres no clean up, why speed line just added extra set up and time. Maybe I didn't catch what was at the base other then a flower bed ?

Hard to give a bid with out knowing all the variables. But from what I see even though it's next to the house looks like a typical 3 to four hour job if that, especially with no brush.

If thats all it took me hourly, I would probably only charge around 650.00 then head to another job.

Hope you get the job. Let us know how it turns out if you do.

Greg

I got the job:) 800 hundred, plus now they want me to prune all the trees around the cottage, over-hangers, widow-makers and dead stuff. will probably go closer to 2 g's now :)
thanks guys.
I may use the other tree, but some of the limbs are on the other side of the peak of the roof.

I was thinking speedline on that side.

I do it on the 19th, I'll have Josh take some pics , maybe some vid of it.

Good deal, Whiskey Sierra....cool that it led to an expanded job. Let us know how it all goes...picts expected, of course

800-900 Is about what i would bid, if the house wasn't there it would be about half, but you have to factor in the added risk. But my skill level is not there yet so i would have to sub it out, around here that would be a crane job... we are lazy in cincinnati, and you can get a 25 ton crane for around $75 per hour (minimum 4 hours).

Back