A job I looked at today

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 65
  • Views 6K
If there's a Lexus in the driveway I'd put it closer to $800 but without having to move any wood, that would be a high bid around here.
We have crews here that advertise they will takedown ANY live pine for $175.

We have that too, Chip. But if they can't get their crane to it and they can't upsell more work, then the offer somehow mysteriously "doesn't apply" for some reason. :roll:

Probably 600 in my area, I would chunk/rig it down and toss everything at the base if possible.

First number that jumped into my head was $1200....it'd take me all day with a good helper...but I'd probably do it for $900.

I'd guess around 900 here and I would lose it to a guy that pays under the table for 500

Assuming I could reach within 25' of the top with my bucket from the driveway, $200 in 2 hours or less. Sorry, but it's a piece of cake from a bucket. That's my wholesale rate though, I'd expect the person who sold the job and hired me would make a few dollars as well.

It's amazing more tree companies don't have a setup like yours, Brian. I know I sure want one.

I do it this way simply because I'm selfish, Leon. I want all the glory and excitement without all the tedious labor and management requirements.

Haha, that must be why I am jealous of your setup.

Seriously, though, adding a material handler to a bucket increases your potential efficiency a huge amount. Of course, it will be a pricier truck but it should easily pay for itself as fast, if not faster, than a standard bucket given the appropriate market. Seems like it would be great for owner/operator businesses, not just hired guns like yourself.

Assuming I could reach within 25' of the top with my bucket from the driveway, $200 in 2 hours or less. Sorry, but it's a piece of cake from a bucket. That's my wholesale rate though, I'd expect the person who sold the job and hired me would make a few dollars as well.

I have guy here like you. He dropped by a site and pieced out a dead top over primaries for me, stacked the brush and everything... he wanted $75. I paid him $200 and still made $450 for flopping the stem and dumping the wood.

the hired guns for the power co have a 100 ft material handler they use up here,
except they put it accross all 3 phases last week ,and burnt the lower boom to hell

mountain enterprises, blacked out blue lake
heard they lost a guy in sonora or sonoma as well
too big too fast shit happens,
theyll probabally close down and reopen as la montanya service co

I'm thinking my next truck may be the 90-100' material handler. It's set up just like my current truck but it's got an elevator and tandem rear axles for the extra weight. I'll have to set myself up with a dozen sheets of that fancy plastic plywood that Bivyless uses. ;)

I'm thinking my next truck may be the 90-100' material handler. It's set up just like my current truck but it's got an elevator and tandem rear axles for the extra weight. I'll have to set myself up with a dozen sheets of that fancy plastic plywood that Bivyless uses. ;)

Better get a mancab so the mexicans can have a place to ride! :D

Back