5/8" flipline

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just ordered 15 ft of 3 strand from Treestuff. I figured I will splice both ends which will bring it closer to 11ft on the final length.

You can change the length of your rope depending on your mood? Cool!

I make my primary lanyards around 8'. I keep a longer one in the truck, along with a spare. I'm still using snaps off retired Asplundh buckstraps I brought home 20 years ago, and every once in a while a snap spring will break.

Well here is the final product. I just got home from a family vacation and I needed to unwind a bit so I spiced this up. It is 5/8" TreeMaster and about 13ft long as a finished lanyard. I will get a chance to use it tomorrow when I get back to work. We are removing a small Ash tree that will be perfect to test this out on.

Rajan,I have not forgot about you and I am not ignoring you. Like I said, I was on vacation but I am back now. I will get in contact with you on FB as soon as I have all the info I need. Thanks for your understanding.

2012-08-21_21-01-07_452.jpg

Oh yeah, all of the tools that I needed to splice this are in the pic as well. Thats just one more reason I love 3 strand.

Ha, I need one now. 4 kids in the Dells for several days is not my idea of a restful time away from work.

I gave it a go today and really liked it. I used Tenex with a Martin hitch. It was a lot smoother than I thought it would be. I don't see using it for pruning but it might be my go to lanyard for removals. One bad thing..... I must have picked a strand with my hanging chainsaw. At least it's easy to inspect.

I make my primary lanyards around 8'. I keep a longer one in the truck, along with a spare. I'm still using snaps off retired Asplundh buckstraps I brought home 20 years ago, and every once in a while a snap spring will break.
If your using a snap from 20 years ago, I highly doubt it's double locking ?

I have a 20' three stand, 5/8 12' wire and 8' 1/2" non wire

If your using a snap from 20 years ago, I highly doubt it's double locking ?

I have a 20' three stand, 5/8 12' wire and 8' 1/2" non wire

Yep, Greg, it's double locking. Our rope snaps were not locking snaps, but the ones on our lanyards/buckstraps were. If/when they got nicked, we had to take them out of service. I'd bring them home and cut the snaps off. I have two climb lines wearing rope snaps from those days. I've never had a problem with a rope snap coming open. Those old lanyard snaps had a very little opening on them. Tough to get two Ds into one snap, so I never used them on climb lines.

Well at least tell me you went to Crusin Chubbys for a night!

Na, that would have been too much fun. I was wiped out after spending all day at the water park. The only place we went to was some Mexican place for dinner. Otherwise we spent the entire time at the resort.](*,)

Back