I have a real saw shop within 15/20 min. I try to support them. They carry the full line up of Stihl and Husky with a full service department.

I service my own saws though

I've been dealing at this saw shop since i was 17, 21 years ago.

I run only cannon bars now except on the 200s(yes 200s I still have a few good runners). I'm very happy with the cannon accuracy and durability in comparison to either Stihl or Oregon.

I agree, but I can't justify Cannon bars, certainly not now! I really like the GB titaniums myself, for the money. Almost as durable as the Stihl ES bars, but a lot less money! I've got a Forester on my 5100 that seems to be holding up well so far, but I haven't really been in a position to push it like I'd like to.
The GB Protop bars, meh, neither here nor there. They last about three times as long as Oregon bars, but that really isn't saying much!

I've no experience with those other brands. Cannon being local to the province makes it a viable option for me.

You guys must have the better qualified dealers if they can go by drive link count.

Actually.. no... You need to have either the part number for the bar you want and or loop, or you do the research and keep record of the DL etc because the dealer will certainly screw up the order other wise. They tried to sell my a 12' bar today when I came in with the exact 14" I had just taken off with the part number stamped in it. Had to show them the difference.
Most dealerships have not the faintest clue out side of a part number WTF it is about.

The 461 vibrates pretty much the same as the 460 . The 441 I used one season did vibrate less but it weighed the same as a 460 . And it wouldn't out cut a 440 . .
Huskies vibrate less than the rubber mounted Stihls

I think 24" might be a bit much for me up in the tree...musk ulz or no...
I've handled my 361 with 20" ok, got to be able to manage the extra weight, never mind more bar length.

I would probably get a 24 for ground work later.

I've used my 460 Stihls and 064 s with 32" bars in the tree quite a bit. Its a lot easier on me than fighting with a short bar . But, you will prolly want suspenders on your saddle.
But I've climbed quite a bit with 056 s and 2100 Huskies with 36"

Haha, can anyone imagine ME with a 32" bar...that's over half my height!

I have a 361, but its on the other side of the planet...and really, crosscutting some of the trees here, I really need more power, so this 460 with be a bit of a 'do it all' saw, usable in the tree with a short bar, and good for the ground with a quick change out if necessary.

Don't ya remember this picture?

Attachments

• PICT0080.jpg
    PICT0080.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 60
OK, sorry. I thought you were a big strapping lad. .
Well. Be careful. And please keep your thumbs wrapped around the handles on it. That's really important . The saw can't ( get away and cut you if your thumbs are wrapped around the handles on a saw. ) .

If photo bucket is up and running again I'll post a pic. You are an ideal candidate for the reduced weight bars. They make a huge difference. The Stihl ES Light bar in 28" should weigh somewhere between a 20" + a 24" standard ES bar. Its too bad they don't make a 24" Light bar.

I use just the amount of bar I need. No more. I rarely even take big bars up in the tree. For me to even consider more then a 24" bar up in the tree, it better be some very big wood.

Measuring from the points of the dogs, the bar on my 460 is closer to 26" than 24". Even with larger dogs it would still be around 25". Stihl has a 24" bar for that saw?

Back