$2500 car

I had an easy day. up late, pruned a big apple tree, dropped off big ladder and my helper, picked up a parcel at the post office (books), dropped off tools at storage and home. A few emails and phone calls taken care of. getting ready now, we are having a stay home date tonight, ;) , I am making supper, nothing fancy, then to the couch under a big fleece blanket for a movie at 7 (break up, jennifer aniston and vince vaughn) with pop corn (my wifes snack vice) on the tube. We dont spend enough time together even when we are both home so I thought it might be nice. :)

I have to say that I love the fact that we can tease each other without people getting all butt-hurt and stupid.

The Tree House rules!!!!!:greenjumpers:

GDC's;)

Ed, if you like the Gator you should check out the Polaris Ranger. I used both when I worked in Hawaii and the Polaris Ranger was better just about every which way.

The polaris is better than some Gators, but not the new gator. Plus, it does'nt come in green and yellow with a JD badge on it:D

Before you all rush out and purchase one of these little gems that was likely designed to run on fermented elephant dung,think back.

Remember that little POS Yugo a few years back? I think they were only selling those tin cans for less than a year before they bellied up. Just the replacement starter alone cost more than a used Yugo was worth.

2500 hundred bucks you say.Ha,I've only purchased very few in my life time that cost that much.:|: I wrote the book on cheap.

That is a most excellent point Uncle Al. If everybody looked after the car they had for longer, the carbon footprints would be corespondingly shorter.

I think it would be fun to be in a massive pile up with about 20 or 30 of those little cars. No one would get hurt, just alot of plastic scattered around

Tin can or not I imagine people will buy those little dung burners and likely they will become crusher fodder in a few years .

When gas is high and the economy is shakey the trend is little puddle jumpers.If and when things get on even keel out come the big suv's and knights of the highways Caddys and Lincolns. It just jumps back and forth and has for the last 30 or so years.

The Europian countrys have always had little cars .We on this side of the pond have always been extravagant and like the ocean liner types.Just the way it is.

As far as economy it looks like the diesel is the way to fly.They are a tad better know than in the past but the upcharge is costly.

Hybrids and plug in electric are somebodies pipe dream.It would apply to less than 5 percent of the driving public.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool song from The Bottle Rockets.

Thousand dollar car it ain't worth nothin'
Thousand dollar car it ain't worth shit.
Might as well take your $1000,
and set fire to it.
$1000 car ain't worth a dime,
You lose your $1000 every time.
Oh why did I ever buy,
a $1000 car.
$1000 car is gonna let you down,
More than it's ever gonna get you around.
Replace your gaskets and paint over your rust,
You'll still end up with something that you'll never trust.
$1000 car's life was through,
'bought 50,000 miles 'fore it got to you.
Oh why did I ever buy,
a $1000 car.
A $1000 car ain't even gonna roll,
til you throw at least another thousand in the hole.
Sink your money in it, and there you are
the owner of a 2,000 dollar 1,000 dollar car.
(guitar solo)
If you've only got a $1000.
You ought to just buy a good guitar.
Learn how to play it it'll take you farther,
than any old $1000 car.
If a $1000 car was truly worth a damn,
then why would anybody ever spend ten grand.
Oh why did I ever buy,
a thousand dollar car.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pz2eCFoafXk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pz2eCFoafXk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back