200t oiler

No_Bivy

Treehouser
being a saw retard..:D.........how do I get to the oiler in a MS200?

You rinse the tank thoroughly already, make sure nothing's blocking the pick-up? I like to add some gas to the oil tank heat things up and create some pressure before tearing into things. Then dump the gas out and back to straight oil of course. :/:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeh...several times.....Is it behind that black rubber thingy?

Pm me with your email and I'll send you the parts list. It shows a complete breakdown so you can see what goes where.

Looks like a lot of lttle thingies.

Lot of expensive little thingies for what they are.

I wonder what a MS 200 would cost if you bought each individual piece and made a saw out of all the parts. If it is anything like a car it would triple the cost.

Anyone remember Jennes? He worked in a Stihl factory in Germany. I always wondered if he could pilfer his way to building a complete saw.

here ya go Boss:
Fus_Struct_ISO800.gif

for more details: Shuttle stuff

I might add that these little gems are also a royal pain the butt to wrench on .Although not as bad as most little saws.

As a general rule in my little part time working on Stihl saws more times that not if the oiler is not working properly it is something on the suction side of the system.Depending on the saw it could be a gasket,cracked pick up line etc.Some times if you run part of a tank full of kerosine or diesel through the system they clear up but not always.

Some times if you run part of a tank full of kerosine or diesel through the system they clear up but not always.

Really ??? :eek3:
Seems like running it for more than a few seconds like that would get it hotter n' a 2 dollar pistol ???

PM sent Brian. Al, in the tank, I dont see anything funky. I'll try some deisel in there.

Really ??? :eek3:
Seems like running it for more than a few seconds like that would get it hotter n' a 2 dollar pistol ???
You take the chain off T .You just run the light distilate through the oiling system in an attempt to get the funky out,if there is any. If you want to run the chain,use auto tranny fluid .Just some old down on the farm type stuff.;)

my oiler stopped workin the other week,i tried an airline through the tank and the exit to no avail.just part filled the tank with mix and run it without the bar and chain on,hsaking it at the same time and hey presto it was workin again

Rip it of and clean it out properly!

If needed clean with gas in there, but it is likly clogged in tube and if it doesn't oil at all there will be no flow to rince anything out.

I take the pump off, spin the gear, clear out any crap in the gear threads, blow out the line.

Sometimes I soak the pump in engine degreaser.

Im goin' in...............................:/:

need any help just ask, i took the oiler out and the cleaned everything monday on my 200 at work. Did it on the bumper of the bucket truck :)

Back