2 way radios

We use them every day and they are the most clear and easiest to use communication systems we have tried so far. They are fine in the rain and saw dust and can handle the rigors of tree work, but, mishandled, they can be easily broken. The boom mics are fantastic for being able to talk over chainsaws or other equipment but are not IMHO strong enough for daily tree work, so we save them for special occasions. The shorty mics are great for daily use and much more convenient. Getting the headsets to fit comfortably with a helmet does take some trial and error before getting things just right.

I broke my boom mic in about four weeks of use and than snapped the plastic frame in between the ear sets by an over exuberant stretch getting it over my hard hat. I'm more careful now. The Sena company is trying to establish themselves as responsive and customer friendly and replaced both broken parts under warranty.

All and all we realy like them.

Dave

Just ordered a pair of sena. Going to see if the clamp system will mount on the petzl and still allow the boom mike to reach.

I would like to keep the option of earmuffs for hearing protection.

Scott, cancel your order and reorder the units with the remote mikes. Trust me the ones you are getting will frustrate you.

Yes speakers in earmuffs real easy to do ill get pics today. Fwiw I bought the units with the boom Mike attached and mounted them on one of the muffs which sucked so bad I had to cut them off and modify them.....

2 comm units showed up today... I'm going to try the boom mic for a bit. They had already shipped them before I could change the order.
The different mic setup is 30$ so no biggie.

Back