2 speed rearend

sotc

Dormant hero!!
My older bucket broke the drivers side axle. I got both axles out but can't seem to get the carrier out. The truck is an F700 and an Rockwell RS 15-210. I seem to be hanging up around the 2 speed fork and can only get it 2-3 inches from its seat. Any help would be appreciated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is not, I can see clear through. I'll check that pdf in the a.m., thanks!

Willie, sometimes a rear end has to be shifted into low range to clear the housing. I looked it up and it seems your rear end is one that needs shifted.

I assume yours is electric? Might be a trick to get it to shift properly with out the axles installed, not sure if the planetary with move by simply turning the pinion. You may have to re install the good shaft to get the sun gear to move into position.

Good Sir FireFighterZero, that really sounds promising.

sotc, that pdf is 337 pages and the page you want is on 149.....
it's big but i always love having an exploded view.

Willie, sometimes a rear end has to be shifted into low range to clear the housing. I looked it up and it seems your rear end is one that needs shifted.

I assume yours is electric? Might be a trick to get it to shift properly with out the axles installed, not sure if the planetary with move by simply turning the pinion. You may have to re install the good shaft to get the sun gear to move into position.
That's what I wondered, I tried shifting it both ways. Yes, electric.
Good Sir FireFighterZero, that really sounds promising.

sotc, that pdf is 337 pages and the page you want is on 149.....
it's big but i always love having an exploded view.
Me too, just don't want to open it on my phone

The shifter may not move all the way with out turning the planetary.

Did you get the stub axle out, or is it in the housing yet? Might be gumming up the works if clearance is at a permium.

I have had to "walk" a rear end out before or had to turn the pinion.

I would slap the good axle back in and try to shift it.

Thanks for the leg work Rocker! What's your name? Love the blow up.

There's lots of shrapnel in there but I don't think that's the prob. Going to crawl back under there this afternoon. Waiting till the temp gets over a hundred :dur:

Well poopy.
dd1c6c1460fc3ccf7d3d0fc6955d0dc3.jpg
e021f83c6dccfb09aaa8713a7872ab87.jpg
aad72efc6f017bbeb5cd18acea803b48.jpg
587ed68619f641a10b318129626dd2f1.jpg

I don't think so, didn't even look. Just got her spun into low and pulled out. Looked over the carrier ave came back in to get ready for church.
The broken part I think is number 50 on the blow up. Thrust washer-side gear

I had to bolt it back up slip the axle in, turned the key on, shifted to low and crawled back under to plug it in so I could hear the shift while turning the pinion.

Willie, you do some crazy stuff before church.

Thanks for the updates...interested in seeing how this plays out. I know zilch about rear ends...planetary gears, sun gears...a different world for me.

Willie, you do some crazy stuff before church.

Thanks for the updates...interested in seeing how this plays out. I know zilch about rear ends...planetary gears, sun gears...a different world for me.
So busy these days I gotta work on stuff in spare moments :dur:
Oh yeah? I will have to remember that little trick....:D

(See post 6...cough, cough.....)
And I acknowledged it in post 8, just finally had a chance to do it ;)

Back