1999 Chevy 1 Ton Fuel Tank Capacity?

lumberjack

Young man on the go
I have a 1999 1 Ton (3500) 2wd, cab and chassis (with a flatbed), a 5.7 engine, and factory dual fuel tanks.

Can anyone link me to information as to how much the tanks hold individually? I normally put 13 and some change in the front tank and another 15-17 or so in the back tank, but the front is always less than the rear.

Anywho, I just got home from putting 17.2 gallons in the front tank, and I'm fairly certain it doesn't hold that much. I know that I wasn't usually low, and I'm also nearly positive I've put 15 gallons in it, I don't remember 14 ever coming up either.:X

They redid the pump earlier because it wasn't registering correctly inside (old style analog pump, pay inside jobber), so to "fix" that they put a restricter on the pump so it can only pump about 3.7GPM. Today when I get to 13 and it keeps going, I keep watching it climb on up to 17 and the change. I mention it to the lady that's recording the numbers off the pump (like the pump's odometer) and she says it's not the first she's heard of that happening with that pump.

We've been buying fuel there since 92, they helped us out in the storms when fuel was rationed, but now they have a broke pump/meter that they bandaided making it slow as hell. Now I'm pretty sure I'm getting fawked ($14.36 or so extra). :X

Use another gas station until they fix the pump. Or call the phone number on the State inspection sticker on the pump (there's one on every single gas pump in the US).

Back