1/2 " rope with best grip without gloves?

Climbhigh

TreeHouser
What ropes do you find have the best grip without gloves ? With all the ropes I have the only one I can get a halfway decent grip on without gloves is Arbormaster, and climbing in the rain sucks with gloves ( at least for me). There are several ropes I have not tried and a few new ones coming out ( Tango vision 12.8 looks interesting). It would also have to work with mechanicals to some degree, at least not pick or damage the rope. Thanks.

I surely wouldn't know. I spent the last 20 of my 30+ years wearing them.

It's really not a rope question. It's a glove question...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You wear gloves? I don't know why, but that surprises me! Anyway I'm using those Atlas gloves.

Commercial fishing in the summers we used to wear a lightweight, tightly woven knit glove. Gave good grip on wet lines. Can't remember the brand, but they were not anything special. Kind of like an Atlas without the rubber.

Atlas is way too thick and hot for me. I use Wonder Gloves, the cheap blue sticky ones. They give me a grip of steel!

Attachments

• trees 015z_edited.jpg
    trees 015z_edited.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 37
Nice Pics! I like the finger cut outs. Looks like I need to change up my gloves.Yep, those atlas gloves are way to hot in the summer.

Did you drill those breather holes in your helm Butch?

Blue Atlas, not gray, right?

Try the Atlas Nitriles.

And a CoolVest. Ask Butch.

Yes the blue Atlas ones. I can deal with a little sweat but they get real slippery on the rope when its raining so I end up taking them off.

I find blue atlas to help a lot. Maybe try washing your rope.

What about 1/2" imori from Yale?

I know if you don't rinse all the soap out of your rope after washing it will get slippery when it gets wet again. Haven't tried the Imori, but definitely eying it. Now I've got to go drill some holes in my helmet.

I know if you don't rinse all the soap out of your rope after washing it will get slippery when it gets wet again

That's a new one on me. Perhaps you need to use way less soap. I prefer Woolite...

Be careful drilling those holes...

3m%201620%20%201621%20chemical%20Splash%20Guard%20Goggle.jpg

I found out its better to remove the helmet first.

don't know what size, but Reg has it in many videos. He might be a good resource. He's used to wet climates.

Clean gloves do make a big difference.

Commercial fishing in the summers we used to wear a lightweight, tightly woven knit glove. Gave good grip on wet lines. Can't remember the brand, but they were not anything special. Kind of like an Atlas without the rubber.
We called them cotton liners.

I don't wear gloves much. I liked safety blue and hi vee lines the best when I climbed daily

Back