How'd it go today?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I knew I would eventually find you one you'd approve.

But that last one (you didn't like) was PERFECT!

hahaha, love it! tha avatar of RJS AND... the windows icon. thanks for the laughs guys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I already have that one in a bigger image.
dontcare.gif

But that won't work as an avatar...8)

A little power pruner work on a staged pruning job-She'll save her money and I'll climb for the rest of the dead in Oct. Then pruned some young trees and did a tight location stump removal....plus 3 bids--easy day.

I went to work and slept two hours after lunch. I dunno...just woke up dizzy and sick to my stomach, and like that all day. Last night for dinner there was some type of raw fish mixed in that I couldn't recognize. Whatever type of fish it was, it sure was oily. That's probably the culprit. Still, I got some work done.

got tipped 50 bucks and an 18 pack for a big red oak deadwooding, made up for all the ant bites!

Just finished sharpening 12 saws. Pumped and tired.
We did good though big brush job , and 8 trees top down.
Six men worked at least 8 hours apiece, All went home happy.
My foreman got in a fight after work. UHHH OHHHH hes about 6 foot 4.
Feel sorry for the other fellow

What she said.
Except, today marked the first job of the season that I walked away from. Bid out to me by another co. for $210, it was supposed to be approx. 80' of yew hedge... & it was. It was also inaccessible because of trees draping into it, all still decked out in Christmas lights <exasperated sigh>. O.K., I'll deal with the strings of lights, branches draping.
Bees, hornets & wasps everywhere. Strike 2.
I look down to see bombs of dogshit ev-er-y-where.
Get in truck, drive away.

Know when to hold 'em, or to fold 'em.

I've been turning down jobs that are offered by people who still support Bush.

Crane man showed up yesterday evening ,said a 15 tonne would do. I said need a 30. Today 15 tonne showed up ,way to short. Crane man says i get the 30 tonne for free tomorrow morning. Ill pay him anyway .
Got to keep the crane man happy.
Everybody makes mistakes and the insurance adjuster said he will absorb the cost .
COOL

Phone calls, estimates, gopher, mini operator (helped a crew out), ....................just another day in treeland.

Oh well,at work ,the usual trying to get an automotive assembley line up and running ,with the damned rocket science we have to work with these days.

Afterwards,back to my pile of red oak,slash and split.

On another note,I got another falling ,felling,tree tipping job.Four trees,suburban stuff.At $50 per hour,this should be around $75 to $100.
Geez ,I'm turning into a suburban Paul Bunyan,look out Gyp.:lol:

Tree Guy priced while I puttered at home. His work truck decided to have electrical problems yesterday so is in the shop today. Good news - not an expensive repair. Can't wait for the new truck this fall though!

Did it involve a belt sander, a Russian/Hungarian dictionary and a small schnauzer? If not then I have no idea.

I climbed a dangerously splitting elm tree over a home day care for expenses only. They wanted to wait until they could afford it but the tree was not up to waiting in my opinion so I took out all the brush and left the wood standing, leaving it ugly but safe. Hopefully, they can round up some cash to pay me in a month or so and I can cut the rest of that puppy down.

Back