The Problem With Tip Tying

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I keep a 12 wooden pole with head (hook .. no blade) on the bucket truck, and an 8 ' fiberglass pole with receiver on one end for sling shot head) and a hook on the other end (no blade) in the pick up truck.. I also ike to keep a 10-12 oz throw weight on a keychain biner on the back of my saddle... when it's easier than using the pole, I just put a bowline on the end of the rigging line, attach the weight, and throw it by hand from the bucket. Otherwise go to the short pole or long pole as needed.. Having the extra reach alows me to reach up and out to tie off limbs at or near the balance point that could not be reached otherwise..

Never would have gotten this one off the roof Without the 12' pole... (THE ONE THAT IS HANGING IN THE FIRST FEW SECONDS .... NOT THE ONE THAT GET BUT HITCHED IN THIS VID)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AurZWkRlELA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back