HUNTING 2017

You've seen this with your own eyes? And, more than once?

Just about anything can happen once...

But first, you have to see it.

I've seen it once with my own eyes when I was still on the job late afternoon but no work was going on, ma came back and took them one by one, presumably to the alternate nest. Couple other times I've returned later the same day and they are already gone. Really only one time I can remember that we left them and their nest overnite, came back next AM and they were dead with their brains sucked out of back of their heads.

That is cool, Ray. Rest in Peace Pearl.

Would she roam in the wild and return to you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pearl was ten years old. I would let her out for a few minutes at a time Cory but she wouldn't have lasted outside for long. She was used to playing with cats and dogs and had no fear. She seemed to like our walks around town sitting on my shoulder, smelling all the strange smells, seeing the sights.

I have some traps out. Fooling around with some prairie dog sets.

Got some 110 conibear and some 0 longsprings out. We are going to go check the sets after the 4 H meeting.

The coons are moving again. Have a couple dog proof traps to try.

Also have to boil up some 1.5 coil spring traps for some dirt hole sets for coyote.

Friend of mine had a 100 percent lamb crop on account of the coyote. No doubt he would let me trap.

That's too bad Scott.

Our fish and game here is talking about issuing extra mule deer doe tags to thin the population.

Might as well end up in your freezer instead of winter kill.

Couple of easy winters have really increased the population.

It's nothing to see 50 or so deer on my property a night if you are out driving around.

When my buddy was in the West side of Washinton he wondered how anyone ever got a deer.

Those black tail were so elusive and the brush was so thick you never saw one.

If you don't get a deer out here it's because you never went hunting!

That's too bad Scott.

Our fish and game here is talking about issuing extra mule deer doe tags to thin the population.

Might as well end up in your freezer instead of winter kill.

Couple of easy winters have really increased the population.

It's nothing to see 50 or so deer on my property a night if you are out driving around.

Y'all need a cougar population, strengthen the herd.

It is remarkably open there. You have a lot of pronghorn there?

At times we do. When I was a kid there would be herds with 100 or more animals.

Some tough winters and disease thinned em out a bunch, but numbers are coming back.

Decent numbers this year. Decent numbers of everything except for pheasant.

Gophers are coming back, p dogs coming back.....deer......coyote, rabbits....badgers.....even turtles.

Very cyclical country.

Nice.

Do a favor and pass on badger pics and anecdotes when you encounter.

Back