aluminum snap on cougar saddle?

...but I'd just tie the dang thing up with scaffold knots and be done with it :). I like the consistent hand right up to the termination that a tied tresse cord or bridge provides. I just don't care for the change in diameter and flexibility that eye splices give on short rope segments. :).

Listen and learn. I would have said the same thing, for the same reasons but without the smilies.

Dave

True, but not having the kind heart that Burnham has I might have used this:banghead:.

Dave

Thought you would like to see this Burnam and some others. I replaced the bridge on the Cougar with some PI line I had kicking around.
I inspect the replacement bridge that came with the saddle every day... I noticed some wear and just did away with it. Under the girth hitches on the rings, I found some broken and really worn strands. There, all fixed and good thing it is. Cheap peace of mind brothers. I don't know if the pictures will do the wear justice and show it well enough...

Attachments

• P1030020.jpg
    P1030020.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 25
  • P1030021.jpg
    P1030021.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 25
  • P1030022.jpg
    P1030022.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 29
  • P1030026.jpg
    P1030026.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 26
  • P1030029.jpg
    P1030029.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 26
  • P1030030.jpg
    P1030030.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 31
Big improvement. Could you put the PI through the rings & tie a stopper knot each side? It would increase the workable bridge length & reduce wear as you do not have the rope bent 180deg at the point where it meets the ring

I was thinking so Pete. Was not sure about a stopper knot though where the ring would place it at my hip bone. Might be a wear point on me :lol: I will be trying it though and I could reset the position of the bridge a tad in case. I really want to be able to use the saddle tomorrow for a prune I will be doing over a roof. I'll probably try it in the near future.

SDC11430.JPG SDC11432.jpg

I found an excellent pair of heavy duty comfortable suspenders for my Cougar saddle, at the local lumber yard store. Heavy duty leather with good snaps for the saddles rings , even a pouch for my Stihl knife.
$60.

Task Leatherworks part # T77330 www.task-tools.com

Willard, is there a brand name on them? Curious, how much, having just purchased some Weaver ones myself as well.

Willard, is there a brand name on them? Curious, how much, having just purchased some Weaver ones myself as well.

View attachment 39249View attachment 39250

I found an excellent pair of heavy duty comfortable suspenders for my Cougar saddle, at the local lumber yard store. Heavy duty leather with good snaps for the saddles rings , even a pouch for my Stihl knife.
$60.

Task Leatherworks part # T77330 www.task-tools.com
Just as I posted Jay.

Heavy duty is right! How much do those add to the saddle weight? That does look like a perfect match, Willard.

Too hot and too much material to be soaked in sweat for my tastes, but I'd give it a shot in a colder climate. It just plain looks cool as all heck.

Heavy duty is right! How much do those add to the saddle weight? That does look like a perfect match, Willard.
Burnham its weighs 1.4 lbs. Not alot of extra weight. The way I see it by the middle of my busy season I usually drop 5 - 10 lbs of body weight so a extra 1 1/2 lb is no biggie.
I haven't tried hanging a big saw on the saddle yet, but these suspenders should make it alot more comfortable over the long haul.

Back