Car seat compatible work truck

SouthSoundTree-

TreeHouser
I have a bit of a conundrum with transporting my 3 year old. She is in a front-facing car seat in the back seat in my SUV, currently.

I will need to be able to drive my work truck to drop her off and pick her up from preschool/ childcare.

I have a passenger side airbag key-switch to turn it off. No tether on the back.

For now, I may just start putting her in the front, when I need my truck, and empty out the back seat (no seat, just gear).

Sounds like the rear of extended cabs is not a very good spot. I would consider a crew cab, but might be better off with just a single cab, if I can't store the crap-load of gear in it which I do now.

What do other people do?

Our sherrifs ofc is a good resource for car seats and info on them. Being able to turn off the air bag will make it safer up front for her. Your local regs may require her to face rear though. Side facing seats in an extended cab are not really safe. Forward facing is workable.

My ranger is not ideal with side facing seats. In the market for an f150 with a bench in the back. U often let the 5 year olds ride in the front with the air bag off.

I have an old S10, no spot to tether of course but the car seat has a top hook for looping in the shoulder strap. I also tie off the tether strap around the headrest.

I have a Nissan frontier 4 door that works great. It works just fine for me but I only work as a sub so not much pulling... I have a friend that has a brand new dodge 2500 4 door. That thing is VERY nice, only about 12 mpg though:(

Back