Do you provide health insurance

NickfromWI

King of Splices
We are having a phukfest of a time getting it set up. Do any of y'all provide it for your employees? We are trying to set up a group plan and are finding that we have to provide the exact same coverage to all employees...which is the dumbest thing in a world.

For those that do it, how the heck do you do it?

We're about to settle on just paying the bills for the each guys' individual plan

love
nick

I looked into it last year, and it was cheaper for us to all have our own separate insurance rather than group. We decided on keeping our own separate insurance policies for now, and to start short term + long term disability and a sep Ira.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish the state would do it. Right now I am getting screwed because we are wasting a lot of time navigating bureaucratic death spirals. I'm trying to run a tree company!

love
nick

I had good insurance. Then mr bama decided every non working deadbeat should too. My, what was good plan, now turned to shit, and price increased over 75%. Thanks man!

No middle group in your nice little black and white world, eh Bob.
Either hard working men, or slackers.

One way or another you end up paying for it. If you offer it, you pay. If you don't , people need more per hour so they can pay for it. It's a PITA to deal with if you have a high turn over rate or if you have to give lay offs for winter. We have a group plan at work which we pay a percentage of or can sign off on it and get our own. This is one of the reasons I still work for someone rather than run my own show full time

I didn't have it for a while when I started. I have had it through A's work for 5 years. About to go off. Don't know what I'll do, yet.

I offered Erik that he should do the legwork on getting a basic policy mostly for emergencies. He didn't do the legwork. I thought that a most basic policy was going to be about $50 with obamacare. Dunno.

Sean. One of the cheaper catastrophic policies was still 100+. Of course unless erik is black, illegal, or has thirteen kids. Then its prob $50 or free.

Encouraged my guys to at least have castrophic policy.....slip them cash and let them decide

100 per month is cheap. My family of 4 was 10.5 k this year. Workers comp for three was 27k.....wish I could skip that and pay health insurance .......system is fungooled

Back