20' gooseneck 20K lb dump trailer

SkwerI

Treehouser
A friend of mine is selling his massive dump trailer. It has two 10K lb axles (8 tires total), new battery, good tires and is claimed to be in good shape. He's in some financial difficulties and has dropped the price to $7500. If anybody has an interest in it then I'll be happy to assist with a thorough inspection, pictures, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just stopped by Brad's house and he's getting desperate. He's willing to take $6000 now because his power is getting shut off Thursday and he's not working because his back is messed up. He emailed me a crapload of pictures, many of which seem to be repetitive. Here's a few.

Willie, why don't you buy it? You could bring Gigi's boat down on your way to pick it up. :D

Paul, I think it's about 6K lbs but I'm not sure. My 14' dump trailer is 4K lbs.

Maybe I can trade him, I'll bring the coffee shop down so he can start in a new trade, put the boat inside for the trip, swap it into the dump trailer, pick you up and we can go on down to meet John and Gigi! Lemme ask the wife.....

My 16'er is 4500lbs. That one is probably around 7-8klbs if I had to guess.

I'm torn, I'd like it for sure, but I'd rather buy a big arsed chipper next year, especially if the dump I use doesn't start grinding that huge pile of mess. Still, that trailer and a mid sized articulated loader could surely haul a mess away... even my tractor with a grapple attachment.... Argh.

My list isn't wishes of acquisitions, it's an order of purchase list. ;)

That trailer would cost about as much as the dump bed for my truck (building myself) I figure, minus the drive.

IMO this is the time to buy stuff like this if you're in a position to do so. I think we've made it past the worst of this recession (jobs are always lagging in a recovery) and this trailer is cheap enough to be used for two years and then sold for a profit. I bought my 14' dump for $3250 and figure I can still sell it in a year or two for $4K. This is a $9-$10K trailer in a decent market.

They announced that the recession is over today and that it is a "jobless" recovery.

Still working on my Wraptor as it is head of my list... Now if people would stop breaking shat !:X:|:

Seriously, I have the funds set aside, I just am waiting until the end of the year now.. Merry Christmas to me :D

Mike, it's the same as all the previous recessions. Remember the media all harping on GWB when he first took office about 'jobs'?

One of these days they will figure out that short of "the new deal", politicians really can't create jobs.

I agree, Brian, it's a fantastic buy, even moreso if he'd take $5k cash. :lol:

The only thing is it'd throw the order of my list outta wack. Not a huge deal if work keeps going like it has been, but still a wrench in the works.

FWIW, those 2 axles are collectively rated at 20klbs. There's no reason you couldn't put 25k+ with the (proper) coupler to carry the pin weight.

Carl, he just might take that offer if you have cash. But I'd want a 5-10% finder's fee. ;)

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! If only I had $6k, and a CDL, and a truck big enough to pull it, and could get it passed mama. Seems there's a lotta damn "ands" in there don't it?:lol:

And WTF is a "jobless recovery"?

Back