Anybody tried the Redmax's yet?

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 3K
W

Widow Shooter

Was at my local Husky dealer buying some new chains, he had some Redmax's in his shop putting them together and running them a bit.

He told me Husky bought them for their strato-charge? emissions technology:?

Anyways, they seemed to be a solid saws, I got to play with the top handle G-something 3500? and the 62.1 cc with a 24" bar.
for being brand new and not broken-in, they seemed to be pretty fast and the 20" log I tried the big one on stood little chance..lol It was pretty light with a good power to weight ratio.

anybody else heard of them? I see they are made by komatsu

Cary

What it does is it purges the cylinder with fresh air, and not the mix.
#2 is the fresh air intake, and #3 is where the freshfuel mix enters, the cylinder.

Attachments

• komatsubrushcutters_3.jpg
    komatsubrushcutters_3.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 197
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hmmmm, he was clearing out the 5000 and 621AVs saws, to make room for this years models, almost 200 bucks off each :)
Maybe I should grab them?
he has them outfitted with Oregon power match plus bars too :)

3800 5000 621 have been discontinued from what I was told by the dealer on the last 3800 I ordered. I would grab them.

I was told they are replacing them with the husky stratos. Get them before the good ones are gone forever.

5000 here was $389, 3800 $229, 621 $449. USD in states.

the 500 is 390.00 and the 621 is 479.00, Canadian :)

I would put them back if you ever seen yourself needing them down the road. But that is JMO.

ha ah haa, yeah...it is okay, I still run my Stihl's too...;)

Was at my local Husky dealer buying some new chains, he had some Redmax's in his shop putting them together and running them a bit.

Anyways, they seemed to be a solid saws, I got to play with the top handle G-something 3500? and the 62.1 cc with a 24" bar.
for being brand new and not broken-in, they seemed to be pretty fast and the 20" log I tried the big one on stood little chance..lol It was pretty light with a good power to weight ratio.

anybody else heard of them? I see they are made by komatsu

Cary

i've seen and handled the RedMax saws too. not run them yet but i have heard good things about them. two dealers in my area sell them and the dealer that i buy my jonsered saws from told me that electrolux (who owns husky, jonsered and a few others) bought redmax too.

Welcome, Lou.

I've considered the redmax tophandled

G3100T_Z110-0005_product_details.gif

Didn't even know they made saws, but if they are half as good as the backpack blowers they make they are an exellent machine.

Back