Stihl 440 for trade

Tucker943

Bamboo Plantation Owner
I have a stihl 440 I am looking to trade for a Husky 372, 365 or maybe even a 346. I got the saw new in 06 if i remember right. The inner felling dawg is missing and I suspect the threaded hole on top to put a new one in might be stripped out. The outer dawg is there. The saw runs great and starts right up everytime. It has some use on it, not abuse. I have always had it dealer maintained and run all my saws 50:1 synthetic oil. Dont hesitate to make any offers, I'm not set on those saws I listed. If my pic links dont work, I will email pics.

Chris

<a href=http://tucker943.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album01 title='Photo Sharing by MyPhotoAlbum.com'>440</a>

I take it you just like Husky's better?

I have a like new 365 special, but I cant bring myself to part with it. plus 372's I wont part with.

Always wanted to run a stock 440 to see what all the hoopla is about. I would guess about the same as a stock 372 right?. Be warned I thought the 460 stock was gutless.

What do you want for the 440 outright?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its not that I prefer Huskys. Its like i said in another topic on here, I get better dealer support from my local husky dealer. The 440 is a good comparison to a 372. I really enjoy that 440 but i am doing away with my stihls with the exception of the 200t's. Nothing will steer me away from those.

Geez no one even offered me a beat down piece of garbage yet. I never said I was looking for a show pony! I also have a running 200t with a squirelly oiler for $120.

That must be a bear to file.

Yeah it can be. I can give it a once over in about 5-10 minutes depending on how dull it is. I prefer semi skip but whoever last ordered a roll of chain at work, ordered full comp. I wasnt real happy but I will use what they give me.

I'm really not looking to sell it and then go snoopin around for a saw to replace it with. I would rather just see if i cant trade it out for a pro saw of equal value and call it a day. If no good trades pop up I'll just keep it around and use it.

Ill trade ya a 036 and 009 for it.

Those 2 together should equate to an 044 (45 to be precise). :D

I'm interested as I always liked my 044's....sold one to a friend, had one stolen.

For trade, I have a 575 for which I'd add cash to the deal....
an ehp 346, which runs like it was new...which I really don't want to part with
a muffler modded 5100S which isn't that much slower than my ehp 5100....I'd add cash to that deal as well.

a like new stock 372XPW, you'd owe me some $
an ehp 372....ditto on needing some $

a brand new 346NE....

Looks kinda tired...

And that photo sharing site sucks, got a frikkin popup when I tried to close the tab. :what:

Looks kinda tired...

And that photo sharing site sucks, got a frikkin popup when I tried to close the tab. :what:

Good point, bud.

I'd have to have a compression reading and a pic inside the muffler port before I'd go for a trade.....kinda gunshy of buying a 440 that's been run with only that dinky stock port.

you wouldnt sell it out right, why not trust me i have some pretty lookin 346's but they get punished, great saws, i just wouldn't hand any of my saws to anyone without them knowin how they get used...hard
i wont part with my 372's
so you dont want cash ...i mean cash, to go to husky and say i want a new 346 please, why yes i do want the
20" bar with skip tooth please

Treeguy, I cant understand a thing you wrote. What I am getting is that you think I am foolish to not sell it for cash.

The saw is no longer up for trade. Seems to be drawing a little bad attention and I'd like to avoid online pissing matches. Especially here, this place has really grown on me.

Back