Stihl 440 for trade

Thought one of his saws showed up today, but it was a 026 parts saw.

I bought the 200T from him that he mentioned. When it gets here I will check psi to compare to psi he told me in a photo.
He sure seems like a honest guy from all of our conversations so far. I wouldn't be scared to take his word. Will see when I get the 200T in hand.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Appreciate the compliments treetrim. The compression readings will match up.

ohh im sorry if i am confusing
i was offering out right $ because my saws are pretty but tired, and i wouldnt feel right trading 1 of them, thought youd like to buy a newer saw than have an older one thats all.
no pissing match here
sorry if you dont understand the old tree guy

I also have a running 200t with a squirelly oiler

I just got the 200T. Haven't did a compression test yet, but it has plenty of pop and does have the carb issue and bar oiler that he told me about.
The saw was in better condition then what his pics showed.
Tucker was very honest in the description and feel I got the better end of the deal. I have already fixed the bar oiler problem and will start with the carb bogging issue next. Once past the initial throttle blip bog and getting into the rpms she holds a steady 14K.

I would buy from Tucker again. If I had something to trade or if he priced me a good price on the 440 I wouldn't hesitate
to deal with him again.

I will post the PSI as soon as I check it. He stated 150psi on the 200T, I bet it is that or better. Thanks for the smooth transaction :D

Don't forget to yank the spark arrestor.

This is the first one I have owned. I didn't see a spark arrestor or anything that appears to be around the outlet area. I looked at the IPL and I suppose it has already been pulled.

Any pics of one with it and one without?

Let me tell you a little something about the 200T's .They have been plagued with problems on the Zama carbs.Cracked in the diaphragm chambers .

If that's the case ,there is no fix other than a new carb .

Typically as they warm up the crack enlarges starving the saw for fuel .This has been reported all over the world .

I don't think I was the first to find it but the first I think on any web forum ,maybe 3 years ago from a carb shipped from Australia .

A picture of that carb is on the thread link B put on .

This is the first one I have owned. I didn't see a spark arrestor or anything that appears to be around the outlet area. I looked at the IPL and I suppose it has already been pulled.

Any pics of one with it and one without?

It's probably already out. If you look straight at the exhaust opening on the right side of the saw you'll see a hex screw in the recess, it's holding the screen in . Remove the screw and pull the flange that it was retaining straight out. Done.

Did compression check 150psi on the nose as you stated. Pulled the muffler and the cylinder and piston was in great shape.
The guy is honest. Thanks.

Those things really are not that loud with the screen pulled .Then again I suppose I'm just used to being around loud saws .

Those things really are not that loud with the screen pulled .Then again I suppose I'm just used to being around loud saws .

Your right there, The Poulan top handles like you and I have are much louder when the screen is removed and much more free breathing. I actually still like the feel and balance of the poulans better then this 200T.
people can say what they want. But my poulan 2000 and 1800 cost $99 and $119 new and only have had one coil fail. The 200T seems to be prone to problems for a $589 saw :O.

The 440 and a majority of Stihl vertical cylinder saws have a very good escape route for the exhaust .Straight out exit .

The Poulan verticals are just about the same .The horizontals are a side exit,not quite as good but still better than the 200Ts .

The 200Ts , Husky 335 ,McCulloch 10 series and similar use a bottom exit and have to bend that exhaust by 90 degrees to get it out . I am of the belief that that factor right there is where there is room for improvement on these designs of saws .

It goes back to the basics of two cycles ,if it can't get out ,it can't get in .All the twittering with carbs ,porting etc is a moot point if it doesn't breathe freely .

The screen is already pulled.

Yep noticed that and I already had muffler off and apart, Thanks to Skwerls easy 1 2 3 instructions. 1 side cover plastic torx screw and 2 muffler bolts and she slides out easy as pie. ;)

Back