Stihl ms210

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
I found one for cheap, its brand new , maybe hot.
Its literally brand new even still has the manuel attached to it and grench.
Anyhow, what should i offer for it ?
(((((Is it even worth owning.))))))
He wants 220.00
I run all huskys except the 200t so im not in the know.

Like geek said, it's a homeowner's saw. If you're wanting it for a groundie or something, it's fine. But for any kind of pro use, there's better saws. But for what it is, it's an OK saw. But it's like the 290. It's the smallest saw in it's series, so you've got teh 230 and 250 that weigh the same and have more power.

I'd give maybe $150. Especially if it's hot. He probably stole it himself or got it for $50.

If it's hot it's not worth the karma that'll come with it no way. That's what I'd be determining first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well maybe ,,, Hey what are the other models that weigh the same but have more power?

Well maybe ,,, Hey what are the other models that weigh the same but have more power?

Pay attention, Jerry! :lol:

Like geek said, it's a homeowner's saw. If you're wanting it for a groundie or something, it's fine. But for any kind of pro use, there's better saws. But for what it is, it's an OK saw. But it's like the 290. It's the smallest saw in it's series, so you've got teh 230 and 250 that weigh the same and have more power.

I'd give maybe $150. Especially if it's hot. He probably stole it himself or got it for $50.

290 pro model weighs one more pound.
Big price difference though...
The pawns shops are flooded around here so maybe i should forget the 210 and get a pro model .
Ive always been a husky man.
Can the 290 pro model keep up with a 346 xp
The new price is pretty close i just called the dealers.
Hmmmm:?
I hate home owner model saws .
Crud it im not gonna but the 210 but u guys got me interested in the 290:P

I ran one the other day(210), I'd rather piss on it than run it!! I can, yes I did time it, make THREE cut in the same wood with my 200t in the time you make one with that turd!

I ran one the other day(210), I'd rather piss on it than run it!! I can, yes I did time it, make THREE cut in the same wood with my 200t in the time you make one with that turd!

Thats all i needed to hear :what:

I had a 290. I never thought I would ever sell one of my saws, but that thing had to go. Never heard of a 290 pro.
Just say no to orange handles.

Off topic here, But I picked up a 310 a few years ago. Payed 80 bucks for it. The guy needed money, He had all the reciepts from where he bought it and had it serviced. I promptly peeled out my wallet and made the transaction. I used that saw hard for 2 years and sold it for 200 bucks. Not 3 months after I sold it, my brand new 361 got snatched by a big log and fell 40 feet. Karma I guess.

A 310 is a 290 with a 3/8 sprocket, bar, and chain. Exact same thing.

So evidently these models are "clam shells " .If so I just recently found out Stihl even made a clam shell ,shows you how much I know . Through total ignorance of never having seen one I assumed all that Stihl made was removable cylinder types .Well,live and learn .

Hmmm... I think I'm wrong about that, Al, disregard that post, I shoulda researched before I posted.

DS, the 260 is an excellent saw, the 260 pro has a decomp button that you will probably not need.

Well one way or the other I certainly can't argue about it .I never see these things until they get some age on them . What I know about most new saws in the Stihl line up or any manufacturers for that matter would fit in a thimble .

Ya know ,even a pro saw ran by a tree sevice will go for years before it needs work done on it unless it has been mistreated and it comes to me for repairs .By that time it's old .

Case in point was an 038 Mag that hung in there for 15 years before it spilled it's guts from a blown piston .Not bad if you think about it . It made much more than it cost new for sure .

My first stihl pro saw other than the the 200t...
I just couldnt take it with all that talk.
will i convert ?:P

Attachments

• saw.jpg
    saw.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 48
Back