Stihl ms210

Hmmm... I think I'm wrong about that, Al, disregard that post, I shoulda researched before I posted.

DS, the 260 is an excellent saw, the 260 pro has a decomp button that you will probably not need.

Also the 260 pro comes with heated grips ( handlebars, whatever you call them)

It's a great saw, I've had about 5 of them, the one I run now is 6 years old. Thats 6 years of cutting professionally. I use it for slashing and falling x-mas trees, which I cut 10-15000 of every year.
I should buy a new one, but I want to see how long I can make it go.

I bought a non-pro Husky (45) in 1996. I heat my house with wood only, sell some wood, and do some tree jobs. This saw has done the major cutting. Replaced the spark plug, rebuilt the carb, and replaced a worn out oil pump. Also a couple of sprockets and bars. Gone through 20 some chains that I file when they get a little dull. Not too bad for a non-pro. I am thinking of stepping up to a pro but I don't know if I can justify the double price.

The 290/310/390 are all the same crankcase with a different piston and cylinder on them. Higher the number the bigger the displacement.
The 260 pro has a decomp and an ajustable oiler, not sure about the heated handles, but I don't think so, I think that is yet another option.

Heated handles/carb are usually the 'arctic kit' option on most Stihls pro models will come either or. My 660 and 046's are arctic kit and both of my 361's are not. Of course I don't own a rearhandled saw that small so I'm not certain about the 260.

I just checked, not listed. Do you have a Canadian Stihl catalog? I guess you are only supposed to run small saws when it gets cold out.:?

I don't have a catalog but to make certain I'm not going insane I ran out to my truck and my 660 with heated handles and carb is badged with 'arctic' decals. So I dunno what the dealio is?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So am im gonna be psyched???
I run her tomorrow...
I cant wait , im about to go outside and cut some targets just to see what it will do.
Will it out cut the 346xp ?
I notice the stihl always seems to cut well at lower RPM or at least sound that way , kinda like ummmmm but its cutting fast.
And the husky is like WYYYYY screamin and it cuts way fast,,,
My first stihl ,,, so psyched,,,
New toy oh yeahhhhhh

Does it have heated handles? Odd the timing of your purchase, I made a couple of cuts with another companys 260 today, first time with one. Seemed a decent little saw for sure.

I have a 260, no heated handles but it has the decomp button. I bought it used so I am not sure of the original order details.

Do you guys up in Canada find a heated handle very helpful? One of my saws has it...but it must not get cold enough in my area to appreciate it :?

I love the heated handles more for bushwork than residential work though. Once you go heated handles through a winter you'll never go back. Warm hands always.

Jerry . I'm so sorry you wasted your money. Stihls suck.

Stihls are okay but they whine a lot and the filter systems are way inferior to Husky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey stumper i got to try something new.
Doubt ill ever give up on 346xp's

Do you guys up in Canada find a heated handle very helpful? One of my saws has it...but it must not get cold enough in my area to appreciate it :?

After running saws almost daily for over 30 years, my circulation in the hands is so screwed up, that I get cold fingers real easy.It is known as Raynaud's syndrome in medical circles. Even though the winters here are not that severe any more ( global warming!) I have a hard time running saws, that are not heated.

Back