Zero Drop Running Shoes

Good call NB, hills and stadium stairs are AWESOME

No hills, no stairs.

Borrow a bike.......ride as hard as you can till you feel like puking

Better then ankle weights IMO

You should remind yourself that people your age just sit around.....what's wrong with you?

Do you take glucosimine? That helps. The shoes look cool. I used to wear Birkenstocks as crummy shoes. It was quite a change for my feet, take my corks off and slip into the hippy shoes.
Keen shoes have a wide toe box. They are comfortable. . Give my toes plenty of room to wiggle around.

Ha, what about Romeos as crummy shoes, they used to be big! And real ugly.

Glucosamine supposedly helps cartilage, to battle osteo arthritis.

How are the shoes working out?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The suckers shipped Monday past, but won't be here until Wednesday! It must be a slow UPS truck!

Not causing - curing. You 'said' it helped with my electric worms in my damaged foot.

OK.
A 5 mile forced march at the end of the day is not something I "want " to do. I seem to have a seasonal battery that is usually drained by this time of year. But, I don't get to spend much time in a basket or bucket. I sure do admire anyone that can walk after work. Probably overall healthier than just workin till your ready to drop every day. Then feeling like I do

n't have any strength left.
My spine doesn't hurt as much when I stay on the glucosimine. When I run out of it and don't get more for a couple months then It takes a month or so to get back to where I was. It helps my knees to not ache as much when I've been consistent in taking it every day for at least 2 months. My feet start bothering me when I'm carpentering. Even climbing 30 hours a week spur time doesn't bother my feet much. But I haven't injured them too bad. . I think if I was climbing and working trees spur less they would feel terrible. Too many odd angles tostand on.

The shoes arrived yesterday and I really like them. The flatfoot walking thing was odd for the first couple miles, but I soon grew used to it. I could feel that aspect of it working my muscles in a different manner. That toebox thing is awesome! No more cramped toes, plenty of room. I highly recommend them!!! I sure wish they made work boots!

The shoes arrived yesterday and I really like them. The flatfoot walking thing was odd for the first couple miles, but I soon grew used to it. I could feel that aspect of it working my muscles in a different manner.

You'll probably be fine but if you were, for example, running which is more intensive, you should go easy during the transition process to the new shoes cuz you are asking alot more of the feet and lower legs and you don't want to get some weird overuse injury

Ha, full on caveman bare footing lurks ahead, within 1 or 2 years...

The shoes arrived yesterday and I really like them. The flatfoot walking thing was odd for the first couple miles, but I soon grew used to it. I could feel that aspect of it working my muscles in a different manner. That toebox thing is awesome! No more cramped toes, plenty of room. I highly recommend them!!! I sure wish they made work boots!

Awesome, glad you like them!

Not sure if it was mentioned or you know about it, but you could reasearch POSE running techniqiues. Youtube has some good videos as well as many dedicated websites to the technique. It helped me out once I got my first minimal/zero drop shoes. I still don't like running. HA

They don't get rock hard, they get a bit tougher and thicker, and more resilient.

Back