Zero Drop Running Shoes

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I just ordered my pair, I really like the idea - plus the "Toe Box" really appeals to me, since my damaged left foot has super sensitive toes. I ordered this model.

Any of ya'll heard of this shoe? Basically, it has no heel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm thinking I'm the only one here who does five miles a day..

Where ya at, Deva???

Might wanna keep your money in your wallet Butch. It's hunting season, 5 miles ain't far, and some of us cover much more difficult terrain than you are used to.

Hey, five miles after working your butt off in a tree is impressive. MB, remember Earth Shoes back in the 70's? The heel was much lower than the rest of the shoe. I loved those shoes.

No heel is totally key. Better for your achilles and plantar fascia and bod overall. After you wear out that pair, think about getting the same model with less cushioning overall in the sole, that will help strengthen the foot and lower leg too. Less cushioning means the foot and leg has to work more which means greater exercise which means 5 miles will be a bit harder to do

Good for you butch.......better then sitting on the couch like the rest of America........

Lotta good reviews on that shoe, I bet you're gonna love them

They come with two different insoles - 3 mil and 5 mil.I need to find some workboots with that toe box thing.

I don't think those Earth shoes ever took off, Virginia. I always thought they looked odd.

That's funny, that hunting thing! :lol:

Butch, Those shoes look cool. It'd be rad to size them in person, though I bet you can always swap them in the mail.
Honestly, the best is to go to the running shoe store, (You're in a college town, they're has to be one) and let them see your feet and use their best judgement.
If you're willing to throw $100 bucks, you can check out the running shoe store.

Maybe you don't want a running shoe, You might need a firmer platform for walking and support, I don't know.
5 miles a day is great, Circulation is the key to fitness. Steady consistent humming diesels...

Running shoes (trainers) wear out after about 600 miles. All that shock absorber technology wears out.
People get Shin splints, sore legs, sore ankles, sore knees and it moves up if they don't change their shoes.
The foot strike when running is about 3 times your weight...

Hey, five miles after working your butt off in a tree is impressive. MB, remember Earth Shoes back in the 70's? The heel was much lower than the rest of the shoe. I loved those shoes.

My dad owned the first earth site store in Cleveland and was one of the bigger American distributors. To bad it didn't take off

mobile...

So you are walking 5 miles every night? What is your average pace? Are you getting out and pounding pavement or soaking up the Ac on the deadmill?

I'm pounding pavement - it takes me about 80 minutes. :drink:

When it gets cool, I'll be on my treadmill.

Good for you butch.......better then sitting on the couch like the rest of America........

True, seeing people exercise sends out a message. Sometimes riding by a jogger on my commute home, i might send out a word of encouragement, especially to the ladies. ;) They usually laugh.

5 miles was getting too easy, so I tried ankle weights - worked my way up to 14 lbs, but that was killing the soles of my feet. Maybe I'll start dragging a tire...

A friend of mine used to drape chains bandoleer style across his shoulders when he ran the mountain roads of TN...he is still a fitness trainer today, in his 70's now.

That sounds a 'lil too bang around, painful to me. I'd prefer a weighted vest, which I can rig up.

I just want to make my 5 miles more intense as opposed to increasing my mileage. It takes long enough, as it is!

Good stuff, man. 5 miles per day is nothing to sneeze at.

Being a tree guy as you are, will you blow off the walk if you had a hard day aloft or do you do it no matta what

If I've have a hard day, I will definitely skip the walk! But, if all I do if fly a bucket, and get off early enough, it's five miles, baby! :rockon:

Probably a dumb question here.....are there any hills you can run? Find some serious long staircases if not....maybe that college has a stadium..

I'm off for my weekend slap........heartbreak ridge.

Back