WRIST ROCKET by Climbing innovations - Sold

Rob Cochran

Treehouser
WRIST ROCKET – GOOD CONDITION – CAME FROM CLIMBING INNOVATIONS - WORKS GREAT JUST NEVER USE MUCH – USED TO GRIP ROPE – TRANSFER GRIP FROM HANDS TO WRIST (LIKE WEIGHT LIFTING USING STRAPS MAKES EASY TO LIFE HEAVER WEIGHTS WITHOUT GRIP GIVING OUT) - COST $74.95 – ASKING $45

* To make it worth shipping you should consider getting another item with it. Some smaller cost items listed on site are: adjustable friction saver, Steel 4 bar rack, and steel 4 bar rack.

Attachments

• 20191231_163822.jpg
    20191231_163822.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20191231_163835.jpg
    20191231_163835.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
That's a new one on this old dinosaur. What is it used for? (Besides pole pruning) Before I saw the picture, I thought it was a slingshot.

edit: Durrr... ok, I just read the description.

I have a wrist rocket, I want to replace the nylon and velcro wrist strap with some broad firm elastic, I am not keen on being locked into the strap if I can't reach it with my other hand for some reason...comemclose a couple times.
I like it other than that

I never thought of the possibility of it getting snagged and not being able to release it.

Maybe not so much snagged as when I stopped climbing and sat back in my harness my wrist rocket was almost too far up my rope to be able to push it up to release, more a technique thing than anything wrong with the unit, but the feeling of being tightly strapped in, velcro or not was a bit unsettling.
I haven't used it enough to refine my technique but I still love the concept especially for a long hike up the rope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah that makes sense.

Have you checked out the Ropetek wraptor? If you have several trees it can save time and energy. You are up a tree to the top in matter of seconds and no energy wasted.

Yeah...was here to watch it being invented...
I don't have enough of that big tree work to justify one!

Back