The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

WRIST ROCKET by Climbing innovations - Sold

Rob Cochran

Treehouser
WRIST ROCKET – GOOD CONDITION – CAME FROM CLIMBING INNOVATIONS - WORKS GREAT JUST NEVER USE MUCH – USED TO GRIP ROPE – TRANSFER GRIP FROM HANDS TO WRIST (LIKE WEIGHT LIFTING USING STRAPS MAKES EASY TO LIFE HEAVER WEIGHTS WITHOUT GRIP GIVING OUT) - COST $74.95 – ASKING $45

* To make it worth shipping you should consider getting another item with it. Some smaller cost items listed on site are: adjustable friction saver, Steel 4 bar rack, and steel 4 bar rack.

Attachments

Mellow

Treehouser
That's a new one on this old dinosaur. What is it used for? (Besides pole pruning) Before I saw the picture, I thought it was a slingshot.

edit: Durrr... ok, I just read the description.

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
I have a wrist rocket, I want to replace the nylon and velcro wrist strap with some broad firm elastic, I am not keen on being locked into the strap if I can't reach it with my other hand for some reason...comemclose a couple times.
I like it other than that

Brocky

Treehouser
I never thought of the possibility of it getting snagged and not being able to release it.

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
Maybe not so much snagged as when I stopped climbing and sat back in my harness my wrist rocket was almost too far up my rope to be able to push it up to release, more a technique thing than anything wrong with the unit, but the feeling of being tightly strapped in, velcro or not was a bit unsettling.
I haven't used it enough to refine my technique but I still love the concept especially for a long hike up the rope.

Rob Cochran

Treehouser
Yeah that makes sense.

Have you checked out the Ropetek wraptor? If you have several trees it can save time and energy. You are up a tree to the top in matter of seconds and no energy wasted.

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!