WoW! Mars trivia

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
This Christmas Eve, Mars will be in Opposition, and at it's closest (Dec 18th) approach to the Earth in like a gazillion years. In fact, all during the month of Dec Mars will be prominant as hell in the night sky.

Cool. :drink:

what a coinkydink, I have been thinking about that all day

Did anyone know that there is a 1 in 75 chance that mars might be hit by an asteroid on January 30th 2008?
Recently Discovered Asteroid Could Hit Mars in January.
December 21, 2007

A recently discovered asteroid which passed close to the Earth in November, is now headed towards a very close passage by Mars in late January, and there is a small chance that it could hit that planet. The probability of a collision is only 1 chance in 75, but scientists are excited about the possibility. If it happens, the impact would occur on January 30, 2008 at around 10:55 UT (2:55 a.m. PST).

Could be one hell of a show.
See Ya
Mike

It is posted in the Near Earth Orbit Program on the JPL NASA web site. I was unable to get the link to cut copy or what ever. Still learning the computer thing.
See ya
Mike

no no, the muddership is docking with the moon! its gonna take more effert to get it to dock with the earth.... well, so I think anyways...

Back