Working Climber DVD Series One

It ain't called the fundamentals for nothing. It's the bible of treework.

That's the truth...I read some of Funamentals when I first started tree climbin' on weekend jobs, I didn't know s##t back then (and still really don't)and untill very recently, didn't know you were the author Jerry...:|:. I'm truly honored to be able talk to a legend and have your input, thanks.

I got a bunch of odd a#s ideas about trees and climbin' but I'm here to learn and and I think this is a real good place to get schooled, thanks again.

By the way I don't think iv'e ever even seen any tree/helmet cam footage before (total noob!), those vids are kick a#s.8)

Right on...

I don't know about narrating children's books, I see Jerry more as the host of "Death Valley Days", if anyone remembers that TV program with Ronald Reagan before he entered politics.

BUMP!

I got myself an early Xmas present and bought Gerry's DVD. It's pretty cools stuff. Gerry you have such a nice mellow voice for narration. I have watched most of the DVD and its great. I have gotten a lot of tips from it, thanks Gerry. I love the throwball practice limbs you set up, you've got some definite throwball skills.

Gerry has a great narrator's voice, he should do a children's book/cd on tree's. He would make a million.

I have a bunch of DVD's from Jerry on my wish list.:D My aunt will be here tomorrow, and so far she has gotten me "Fundamentals", "High Climbers", "Old Growth", "Lumberjack", and the CD-ROM. I'm sure she'll pull through again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm pleased to hear you like DVD, Darin. Though as an already accomplished climber most of what is on it is probably remedial for you.

The throw-ball skills were serendipitous for the most part. Like the boomerang shot. It began as a goof up and then over time I worked it out to become a method.

The voice over isn't difficult to do, but writing the script takes weeks at a time. Technical descriptions can be real puzzles to get right. Because they got to be. I'm already into Series Two for almost 3 hours and it looks to be only about half way through. But what I have so far I am pleased with. So I'm crossing my fingers the rest pans out the same.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Eric is truly a master of flip line technique. I was fortunate to have him oblige my request to demonstrate the method for my video. And too, the fellow that let me use the tree.

Back