Woodland Pro

I just took a peek in the garage at a few bars .The 5 or 6 Oregons were all made in Canada but they are older bars .The Stihls said made in Germany .

All the McCulloch bars say made in Canada but I don't know who made them .

My newer Oregon bars are on saws in the shed .I'll take a peek tomorrow .

Last ones were the Arbor pro... I had better luck with them in the past. I put husky brand bars back on the saws as they performed better. Just up here they are 31.75 local for the Husky bar:O 16" 050 66 DL .325

I have had Stihl ES bars Made in Canada stamped right on them. Just a re badged Oregon power match.

Brushing up here is just hard on them. Why we won't use more than an 18" bar for it. Need all the oil you can get and you are just gonna burn it up anyway. More money.. more money and brushing does not pay much. Just puts food on the table.

What in the world are you doing with those bars ,cutting dirt ?:? Lawdy get hard nosed bars and run chipper chain if you can still buy it .

Yup dirt is often involved.. LMAO
We cut hard wood brush off at ALAP. Often times the brush has rocks in it. Not too mention multiple pinch points... NASTY!

Manzanita and Black oak share many similarities with dirt. Brushing is better done with a longer bar I feel. Less "zorro" action, more finesse.

When I did treespacing, short bars were the way to go. This was on steep ground with really high stem count. The short bar was way easier for getting around and alot easier for cutting small stems on the steep.

When I did treespacing, short bars were the way to go. This was on steep ground with really high stem count. The short bar was way easier for getting around and alot easier for cutting small stems on the steep.

That and we even trim up some brush and selective cut. Often times this is done literally on ones hands and knees. Very high stem counts here. I once removed over 100 trees in an 100 foot square area.

Am I the only one to prefer Australian titanium alloy GB bars?

Used to be, I had to import them from Germany, but about a year ago, Bailey's started having them.

Back