Widescreen Monitor Question

If you go to Comp USA, or online with Circut City, maybe even Best Buy has a few, you can still buy systems with XP on them, but I think Microsoft is going to stop updating them Brian.
Macs are nice!! But it took the wife and I forever to revert to it's easy interface.
Vista still sucks!

My current one is a 19" flatscreen. Actual tape measure size is 15" wide and 12" tall. The current so-called 19" monitors are not as tall. This one is about 2+ years old and starting to get some permanent 'shadows'.

And I really dislike Vista. If I were to go spend money on any computer components, I'd probably end up buying a complete new system with a different OS than Vista. XP is no longer available so that means I may end up trying a Mac. I bought my current computer a year ago and it's been a huge disappointment. over 5x the memory and RAM, but with Vista it's slower than my old computer. And it's noisy. And I've already broken the disc drive. And it's noisy. And it's slow.

Brian, my friend, working on computers isn't that hard... that's why I build mine instead of buy them.

And as for Window's Xp, not being available... :P It's all in just backing up what's important, wiping the drive clean, and installing it yourself.

I love 2k Pro, but my disc is missing, and I am needing to upgrade my current hardware to better handle my newest ventures of photo and video editing, so I'm going to be going with XP.

If you go to Comp USA, or online with Circut City, maybe even Best Buy has a few, you can still buy systems with XP on them, but I think Microsoft is going to stop updating them Brian.
Macs are nice!! But it took the wife and I forever to revert to it's easy interface.
Vista still sucks!

Xp still has support through 2014, from what I recall.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197000165

Attachments

• XP.jpg
    XP.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 5
Microsoft has promised to provide support for XP through 2014 and it will still be available since many companies have refused to switch over. You can reformat the Vista computer (after the warranty has run out) and reload it with a complete XP installation disc. That is what I plan to do with my 6 month old Dell desktop. I have a complete XP Pro disc and will reformat this computer at the end of this year.

Mac's are pretty cool. We have two Macbooks and a Mac Mini (or is it a MiniMac?)

I use a Dell desktop at the office and my Dell laptop is acting wierd, so I might make the switch too.

I have a Macbook Pro laptop with windows xp pro on it. This setup is faster then my wife's laptop with xp home. You can get a copy of xp from newegg.com for $ 139.00.
Mac's laptop are out selling windows laptop 3 to 1. They are cheaper the pc if you compare spec's. and you don't need virus or spyware software. Run time on battery power is about 2 hours compare to my wife's at 45 min. and that just surfing the web.

At work i have 20" widescren. i will be getting a 24" soon.
By day I'm cad designer. So the more desktop space the better.

You can order xp from the manufacturer.

Just buy what you like.

Travis

We use our office as a movie theater sometimes. (That's when the Mrs. and I want to watch something the vermin can't watch) I only have a 15" screen. So, a 24" Mac would be a huge jump! One of these dayz...8)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, I can have 14 browsers opened at once and the tabs won't pile up on top of each other, cool.

Back