Whipping

Sorry about that double post, I just noticed it. I honestly don't know how that happened.....??? :|::|::|:

Ayuh, "tech challenged", that's me..... :lol:

A combination of having a nasty cold and taking a couple days off from work for my anniversary(my wife isn't too impressed that I'm not feeling "good" on our anniversary, but she understands ;))gave me a lot of time, a rare thing, to just sit around.
I'm not one to "just sit around" so I went back to NickfromWI photo album on whipping/lock stitching to make an honest effort of figuring out/understanding how it's done..... :D
I "think" I've got it, but I sure would like to see a video of it to "fill in the blanks".

Here's a couple pics of what I did over that last few days.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8089 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8089 - Copy.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8083 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8083 - Copy.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 67
The end for end splice, I havent done one, but I remember the instructions saying you should seize the crossover?? Should there be stitching in the area where they cross?

Seizing is when you just wrap the twine tightly around a spot.

What directions are you looking at?

love
nick

I used Samson's double braid class I end for end to do the splice(but they say nothing about whipping/seizing :?).
It was the neropes directions that said to "seize" the cross over area.....?
All the videos I could find showed the core being removed and I definitely didn't want to do that. :(
Thanks Nick,
.....Randy

Seizing is when you just wrap the twine tightly around a spot.

What directions are you looking at?

love
nick
I used Samson's double braid class I end for end to do the splice(but they say nothing about whipping/seizing :?).
It was the neropes directions that said to "seize" the cross over area.....?
All the videos I could find showed the core being removed and I definitely didn't want to do that. :(
Thanks Nick,
.....Randy

Nick,
will you still be able to put a video together on your whip/lock stitch technique?
If not it's no problem, I understand.

Thanks
Randy

I thought Nick had one...

But this is pretty good...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9RY2WZivFS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back