Where are the blokes?

woodworkingboy

TreeHouser
Since moving back into the treehouse, aside from Pete and Thor's hammer, hardly anyone is posting from Great Britain now. What happened to Roller and Buzz and his girlfriend, etc.... Roller is cool, just a little misguided sometimes.

Did they get upset and do a mass walkout? I liked those pub stories :|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, if everybody is alive and well, I wish 'em the best wherever they may lurk. One thing I did find when I lived and worked there though, and no offense intended, but it seemed that you guys on the island there, were not very up on the rest of the world. I know that Thor reads a lot, so he is probably an unusual case, but the desire to become aware of other country's customs and such, it seemed pretty non-existent. That was a long time ago, so things may have changed.

Certainly don't want to start nuttin, but maybe the treehouse was just too much cultural overload for those blokes...I mean all our refinement and stuff? ;)

That photo looks like the "n shit" part in particular is working there. You have to throw in a serious one too.

That's very serious model agency stuff...I might just show that to some babes looking for a foreign husband. I'll make sure they can make katsudon.

Well, if everybody is alive and well, I wish 'em the best wherever they may lurk. One thing I did find when I lived and worked there though, and no offense intended, but it seemed that you guys on the island there, were not very up on the rest of the world. I know that Thor reads a lot, so he is probably an unusual case, but the desire to become aware of other country's customs and such, it seemed pretty non-existent. That was a long time ago, so things may have changed.

Certainly don't want to start nuttin, but maybe the treehouse was just too much cultural overload for those blokes...I mean all our refinement and stuff? ;)

I dunno Jay, I think that apply's to most country's. There is always the element of society that has no interest beyond their own borders.
Personally I find Americans worst than most at cultural knowledge, probably because their own country is so vast.
Thats not a slur on Americans, as I think they're the friendliest, most hospitable people you could ever wish to meet.
But its no coincidence that the international joke is -
Want to make your country dissapear? Open any USA newspaper...

Maybe so, Thor. One thing though, Americans sure like to eat, and that is usually the means by which they become super informed about foreign countries. For example, just mention Indian food to any bloke on the street, and he will tell you that the weather is hot and the women are spicy. Most people wouldn't have a clue about that unless they read a lot. Food=education.

super informed about foreign countries. = tell you that the weather is hot and the women are spicy. .
:lol: super informed indeed...

I think you've been away to long Jay...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJuNgBkloFE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJuNgBkloFE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think that video is very biased, those questions were only asked to college educated people, that's not fair!

Actually, I think the video was a fake, they just edited out the intelligent or correct answers.
But c'mon. Hot and women spicy?
I wonder if they know the difference between A bhuna, Rogan Josh, tandoori, balti or tikka?
Or even the difference between Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism?
Anything about the British Raj, Partition, the creation of the muslim state of Pakistan.
Would they perhaps know that Bhārat Gaṇarājya (correct terminolgy) is the worlds 12th biggest economy, and a nuclear power?

FOOD = Sustenance, not education.

Ed, the average guy may not be able to give a dissertation on the questions that you raise, but when it comes to Indian cuisine, simply knowing the difference between mild, hot, and extra hot, is more essential for survival. Why clutter the mind with superfluous details, especially if the menu has pictures?

In Junior College history class one time one of the girls there thought that the Salem witch trials took place in Salem, Oregon.

Back