What's a good, heavy duty bar?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The sugihara's are starting to pop up on flea bay, im a bit dubious of them. Is there any tell tale signs of knowig an original compared to fake?

There are still Sugi Hara bars made and sold widely across the globe.
Here I can't seem to find distributer but there is in Germany. And no, I still don't want to be distributer here for that or anything else.

I can't imagine running anything but Stihl bars...pretty much like I feel about saws too, come to think of it :). But if I had to choose an aftermarket bar, I'd go with Stig's advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im assuming they might be fakes due how they are brought ie an 18 inch bar and a loop of .325 chain for 70 bucks (aud). I dont know anything about the bars so they could be the real thing its just lately ebay seems to be full of junk making it hard to find the good stuff.

Since it was mentioned, I got to thinking. Ive never bent a saw bar myself. Maybe once, but the saw got crushed at the same time. Ive had workers bend them. How, I don't know. I think knowing when to pull the saw out of the cut is key to not bending bars. Ive bent everything else under the sun though. Trucks, chippers, etc.

When you get in one of those " should I save the saw or myself" situations, the bar suffers ( Unless you opt to save the saw, of course!).

But even so, I haven't bent a bar for a decade or so.

Apprentices usually do it once at least in their first year.

From not knowing when to pull out, as you said.

The world would be better off, if more people knew when to pull out.
Would solve the overpopulation problem, just like that!

The world would be better off, if more people knew when to pull out.
Would solve the overpopulation problem, just like that!
Now hey how do you think I got here in the first place .;) I probabley started out as a gleam in the old mans eye

Back