What was your first car?

rumination

Migratory Hippie Arbolist
Inspired by a thread in the elders, and our national obsession with automobiles...

Mine was a 1984 Buick Electra Estate Wagon. Man, that thing was sweet: crushed velvet seats, power everything, monstrous, and drove like a Cadillac. Some lady took a left on red and ran me off the road. I flipped it over into a ditch and bent the frame. Any smaller car would have been crushed.

2434992_b_eedbf2b35a375e76.jpg

Car I took my test in was a 1969 VW Bug... All us kids had to take our test in that car and my youngest sister finally got to own it.

My first car was a 1964 T Bird. Handed down to me by my grandma. :)

DennisTalerico1964.jpg

'77 Plymouth Valiant four door with a slant six and automatic. Good, basic transportation. I chose sensible, cheap and reliable rather than sporty, fun and expensive.

Looked a lot like this one but blue.

1975PlymouthValiant.jpg

1968 Plymouth Belvedere. Dark blue, mag wheels, fog lights, kick ass custom sound system (8-track at first, then upgraded to cassettes) and a 318 Mopar. I installed darkblue shag carpet on the door panels, dash, and rear deck and a red dome light. It looked like a bedroom on wheels. :D

Like this, but in dark blue.

Attachments

• 68 plymouth.jpg
    68 plymouth.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 93
1975 firebird, inline 6, red body, black vinyl 'targa' top, white vinyl interior. sorry, no pics of the original available easily. :)

Bought it, zoomed down the street paced by a buddy, braked hard for the stop sign, he stopped, I didnt (damn near hit a car too), $350 car needed $400 worth of brakes. immediately.

1981 custom chevy van..... (shaggin waggon)

A year later it was a Jeep Wrangler!!!

1964 1/2 Mustang convertible Fire Engine red with a white top
289 4bbl but with auto transmission put 100,000 miles on it until I stuffed it into a guardrail. I wish I had it today.

Mike, my mom had a '65 Mustang with the 289 when I was a kid. She bought another car and it sat parked for a couple years before the apartment complex told her to move it. She sold it for $300 a month before I turned 15 and got my learner's permit. It needed a battery, a tuneup and 1 tire was flat.
:cry:

I'd be cryin too:whine: It was a great car. I can't count how many times I almost killed myself in it. I can't win the lottery because I used up all my luck just staying alive as a kid.

My first car cost an arm and a leg.

Attachments

• they-run-on-blood.jpg
    they-run-on-blood.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 79
Just kidding...I had a little Mazda PU.

Still drive em', I'm on my 3rd one now.

My first road worthy truck was a 1978 GMC 1/2 ton pickup, 50k original miles. Mint interior, and a little typical rust from sitting.

Wish I still had it hanging around, but sold it because it ate fuel.

I had one of those Valiants as well Brian, slant six, three on the tree, bought it for $1 put on a fuel pump, drove it for six months and a buddies folks wanted it, sold it for $500:D

My first was a '73 Maverick, I hated that car, but couldn't kill it! To make it more tollerable my folks helped me get it painted, it looked like a zebra stripe paint job when it was done, didn't help much:cry:

Attachments

• Maverick-1973DennisWilliams.jpg
    Maverick-1973DennisWilliams.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 3
Mini 1000. First thing I did was rip the engine out and drop a bored out 1380cc engine in it, with all the trimmings. Cool little cars, but very tempremental.
Looked just like this -
pie.jpg

I had great cars: 1 64 1/2 Mustang, 3 Datsun Z's 1 260 1 280 1 280ZX Turbo, 2 Saab 900 turbos 3 Porsche 911's 1 '66, 1 '70 911S, 1 '83 911 Cabriolet, and 1 928S.:):) Then I got married and bought a house. Been nothing but trucks and Vans since. :cry::cry:

1959 Pontiac almost like this one . 389 cu inch engine,3 deuce manifold. Passed every thing on the road but a gas station .

Attachments

• 860538887_e6803fa8b2.jpg
    860538887_e6803fa8b2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 67
1955 ford 2 dr sedan,272,4bbl,three on tree.was good car--till it burnt up!!!!

Back