What was your first car?

This was MY first CAR, bought Dec 07 w/ 67k miles. Presently scaring up on 106k.
DSC05215.jpg

Ocean Shores? I bet it had a little rust in it too... :lol:

Hey Deva... you still got that ElCamino?

Gary

There was huge rust holes, but I was 16 with the yearning to floor it.

New battery, oil change and some other minor stuff and it was mine.
Best truck for a man's formitive driving years.

The El Camino was sold to a good ol country kid up in ukiah.
His dad wanted to restore it more as he was an auto body guy.

It went to a good home.

I'm looking for a 2dr hardtop 65 chevelle.
That I believe will be my last classic car.

I think burrito would be more fitting:
8b916381.jpg

The Civic has had about $3k in body work so far, I've paid $200 (uninsured motorist deductible).

The El Camino was sold to a good ol country kid up in ukiah.
His dad wanted to restore it more as he was an auto body guy.

It went to a good home.

QUOTE] I had a '68 El,the last of the 327 engines and it a 300 HP model . That thing would get 18 miles per gallon if you didn't put your foot in it or 14 MPG pulling a travel trailer . The best Chevy I ever owned and the next to the last of that brand ever . The last was a '78 Chevy van with a 350 which was later during my wilder days and perhaps not too much history should be mentioned about that thing .;) Some things are better off not said .

1989 S-10. Bought it for $800 when I was 17, and I still drive it whenever Mandi has the TDI.

Attachments

• summer06 132.jpg
    summer06 132.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
1981 Volkswagon Rabbit diesel, when I would start it up at school the entire parking lot would be filled with black smoke.

Rob, my first pickup was a baby blue 1971 F100 'camper special' with a 360 and C6 automatic. Hella strong old work truck, I used to use it to pull out orange tree stumps!

64 Falcon Futura, used.

First new car was a 71 Comet GT, 250 - 6, automatic, in school bus yellow and black, with a fake hood scoop.

1962 Opel Kadet...48 HP out of 1000cc's of VDub eatin' fury :lol:.

It was a great little car, cheap to run and easy to work on. I learned alot behind the wheel and under the hood of that automobile.

Attachments

• opel kadet3.jpg
    opel kadet3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 62
73 Cutlass Supreme.

Loved that car. Wasnt near this nice though.

chambles732.gif

Nice one of my best buddies in highschool had a 72 cutlass. It was bad ass but rusted out.

I'll never forget looking back through the smoke show and seeing the red and blue flashing lights. Lol

Cop was a oldtimer threatened to make us use toothbrushs to scrub off the marks. That car was rusted right out and when you'd spin the tires up smoke would pour into the interior of the car up through the holes were the missing speakers were supposed to be.:lol:

Looked and was beat but it had a 455 in it that went like hell.

Mine too squish! It went like a bat outta hell. Mine had the 350 Rocket engine with 350 TH tranny and posi rear end. Rusted out so much it whistled when you got out on the highway. Everyone called it the whistler, but I always got the last laugh cuz noone could keep up with me.

Man I had some fun times in that car.

First vehicle I had an ownership interest in was a '56 Chevy 4WD stepside pick-up. First CAR was a '77 Datsun 510.

Rob, my first pickup was a baby blue 1971 F100 'camper special' with a 360 and C6 automatic. Hella strong old work truck, I used to use it to pull out orange tree stumps!

Mine had a 360 too, Edelbrock intake and carter 4 barrel. Think it had 4:56 gears in the rear, would pull pretty good. Most impressive was the amount of steel in that truck - the doors shut so nice etc. Pulled an 18 foot trailer when I did the occasional tree job back then.

Renault 4L , 700cc 4 cylinder engine and about 30 hp.
It was Renaults version of the Citroen 2cv, more or less.
Fun little car and so easy to work on.
Got about 45 miles out of a gallon of expensive European gas, too!!

Attachments

• Colombian_R4.jpg
    Colombian_R4.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 54
Back