Whale Story

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
One of those "Feel Good" kinda things, like the move "The Bear." At the end of the film, you felt GREAT!!! Ya'll seen that flick? See it!

Hated it; I thought the anti-hunting message in "The Bear" was unmistakeable and excessive.

The Sea Shepherd now has an unmanned aerial drone they can use to spot and track the whaling ships.

I'm in for putting torpedoes on that sucker and sinking the bastids.

The whalers, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loggers are logging land they have a legal right to log.

The whalers are whaling in international waters, not theirs, against international treaty to which they are a part.

Nothing says stop your illegal whaling like a Mark V, Stig. ;)

I saw a cooking show on TV recently where they were using whale blubber. Quite a number of people in Japan are opposed to whale hunting, but when it comes to the port towns where killing whales is a generations old occupation, people are slow to pick up on the need for a new way of thinking, and that tends to influence society as a whole, as well as what results from the ties to the government. Apparently the earthquake relief funds that were diverted to support whaling, are in response to one particular area that was devastated by the tsunami, the income from the whale hunt can help rebuild, is the claim. Unfortunately, the Japanese are not very well educated in being able to think for themselves, more a do as everyone else does society. It gets you lack of crime and kamikazes. Whale is delicious and looks rather enticing sitting on a platter, but i won't eat it.

Apparently the earthquake relief funds that were diverted to support whaling, are in response to one particular area that was devastated by the tsunami, the income from the whale hunt can help rebuild, is the claim.

I guess a lot of people didn't know that, me for one.

The drone is working but some big seas at the moment.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/world/12468493/huge-waves-damage-anti-whaling-boat/

Japan's coastguard has deployed an unspecified number of vessels to protect the whaling ships, using some tsunami reconstruction funds.

Wonder how they'd presume to have any jurisdiction on the high seas in international waters? Kinda the opposite of "coastal law enforcement"?

Back