wesspur has problems

thattreeguy

TreeHouser
Has anyone been unhappy with their dealings with wesspur machine sales?

I've bought 4 chippers thru them, used, sight unseen. Everything has been fine until my last purchase.
I bought a chip rig that they claimed was work ready, except there was no smog equip...ok no big deal....sales dept says hey our guys checked it out its great..blah blah blah, I even asked if theyd get the vinyl off so i could take it out directly to the fires up here...sure we can do that....b s
I dont know in who's world work ready means.....wont pass bit inspection....no locks on tool boxes no washers, no defroster, brake leaks etc.....a couple grand of nickle and dime stuff,
After all day traveling thru 2 airports with a 6 month old and my wife, we are met by a very late ... overly talkative about the lord fella, who tells us how great all is...its close to dark, we're tired, kid screamin.
so i pick up the truck, and they knock $500 off for my travel, and the door handle dont open from inside...ok well it looks pretty good except for a few things.(should have left right there) hmm where to go
so i took delivery based on wesspurs sales reps word . my regular sales guy even vouched for him.
oh how i wish i hadnt
this truck is a p o s and so i called to find out w t f , whats the deal.
oh they fired the sales guy for lack of integrity...seems he had a stumpin business on the side with the demo truck and demo grinders.
even though they admit he was fired for doing them wrong , they wont make it right with me,
I spoke with the owner of wesspur...nice enough guy....all i got from him was sorry, how can we make it right.
take the truck back or chip in to fix a grand or so of the nickle and dime stuff so i can be legal on the road.
hey even just what was made on their commision which was a grand..lets be fair we both screwed up. i should have left, but i didnt really know what else to do, (1 way flight kid wife etc...the thoughts of ahh its nickle and dime stuff i can fix it) and they lied.
so in the end they will do nothing.
my sale guy from previous who vouched for them feels bad but its not his outfit, the owner feels bad,
but feeling bad does not make up for having a client break down in oregon with an electric short, and a kid in the truck.
now dmv wont let me register in ca, oh they took all my money...but no plate for me and no more temp registration.until it passes bit and smog.
oh and cdf wouldnt let it roll out to the fires either. no $$$ for me and my chipper with out a truck.
so they have washed their hands of me,

oh side note..i needed knives anvil and other bandit parts sent to me asap bandit wont ship to ca without going thru a dealer...
wesspurs parts guy sent all the stuff for a machine i dont have
and i gave him the serial # and all the info about the machine i bought from them
he made up for it though...told my wife bad jokes for an hour on the phone, meanwhile i was up all hours grinding an old anvil and knives and jimmy riggin the exhaust clamps tight to get thru my job.....hmm an hour of jokes in trade for about 4 hours of my time and slower production on my site....i found out later he was fired too.

in short watch out for wesspur, they are having problems and arent willing to be held accountable or accept accountability for their employees actions.

Whut a crappy first post. I've never had a problem with Wesspur.

And welcome to the TreeHouse.

I think...

Welcome to the treehouse!
Wespur is a great company as far as arborist supply goes. Never bought a truck from them, and wouldn't buy a truck from anybody without seeing it and driving it first.

Whatta nightmare. The Jesus-speak would've set my radar to pingin'. Real spiritual folk don't behave the way your shiester did.
Sounds like the owner tried to make it right >>> Can you go back to square one with an index card of pertinent notes & talk to him again ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
sorry about the crappy post, i figured if ya bought close to 30 grand in used equip before and all was ok why fix what wasnt broke...oh well shame on me and them....life goes on....and now its time to go slaughter some trees

Welcome to the Tree House -"thattreeguy"!

Thought its nice to see new members here, it also makes us (me anyway) question your motive to join after viewing your first post.

It appears, to me, that your not here for any other reason other than to try & give Wes Spur a black eye and have customers to go to another supplier!

I, along with other members here, have been dealing with WesSpur for years and know they are a class act operation! For someone to just join a website without offering a bit of background into about themselves in their profile and then bash a company in open forum makes me have to question that persons motive.

The fact you brought your wife & 6 month old baby on a trip like this raises other questions too but out of respect, I will not comment on that.

WesSpurs sales manager & his boss are also members of this site and I'm sure will be viewing your comments soon enough. BTW, they are NOT sponsors of this site, just equal members with equal say.

Maybe you could tell us more about yourself and tree related background so we can get to know you a little better.

How did you find this site? -firend, surffing web, saw a Tree House T-Shirt etc?

Have you checked out the other forums on this site? if so, what do you think of them???

Are you a member of any other "tree site"? Which one and whats your user name?

Have you bashed WesSpur on any other "tree site" or just this one...if no other site...WHY only The Tree House???

Balls in your court friend.

With respect,

HC

Before I chime in with a response I would like to say you have my condolences. Sure hate to hear a brother tree man have a bad time.
Secondly,

HB Said: Have you bashed WesSpur on any other "tree site" or just this one...if no other site...WHY only The Tree House??? --- Thought its nice to see new members here, it also makes us (me anyway) question your motive to join after viewing your first post.

It appears, to me, that your not here for any other reason other than to try & give Wes Spur a black eye and have customers to go to another supplier

I think HBs post is rather out of line, personally. Posting your experiences with suppliers is exactly what these forums are good for. Where else can you give a heads up to other tree guys?
And HB, the post he wrote shows BOTH sides. I don't read any bashing going on. In fact, I see a bit of bashing in your response.

ThatTreeGuy: how can we make it right.
take the truck back or chip in to fix a grand or so of the nickle and dime stuff so i can be legal on the road.
hey even just what was made on their commision which was a grand..lets be fair we both screwed up. i should have left, but i didnt really know what else to do

It sounds to me like Wesspur tried to make it right. Will the grand they offered fix the problem?
Your comment about how the grand is the equivalent of the commission is ill-relevant, every company has to make money otherwise they may as well close their doors.

Sorry to hear about the hassles you had with them. If it is any comfort, it sounds like Wesspur had a few problems as well. After all they had to fire an employee. Thats taking action on their part.

I still find it odd to read a first post such as this. Then again a number of us (myself included) are odd as well. ;)

Perhaps I was a bit "less then hospitable" in my post and for that, let me say I'm sorry for appearing rude to you "thattreeguy"!

I do welcome you to the TreeHouse and hope you post often in the forums. Its a great place to hang out relax and learn etc.

Let me say that I have a personal interest in WesSpurs reputaion and would hate to see their name get dragged down because of comments posted in an open forum.

This type of thing CAN hurt a company and its reputation and to many of us, WesSpurs been nothing but golden!!!

On the other hand, if WesSpur did nothing or didn't offer to "make it right", I would even have to question them. But it sounds like they did try and did take steps to correct this form happening again.

For them to fire a person and cut off his income to his family is a harsh step to take but nesissary to maintain the companies good name.

You mentioned the owner asked you "how can we make it right"? Was anything worked out or is it still a live issue to be worked out?

Don't count your lossed just yet, WesSpur may suprise you in the end, work with them and see what you guys can agree to that will Make It Right!

Pls let us know how it turns out.

HC

A little clarification

Hey folks, to clear up some information here i thought i would chime in. 4 years ago WesSpur was split into two seperate comapnies with different owners. The two companies formed were WesSpur Tree Equipment (the arborist supply - thats us the catalog/website) and WesSpur Machine Sales (A Bandit/Rayco dealer in Sumner Washington) Then about 3 months ago they changed their name to Area North Machine Sales and that is who this post is about. We still do maintain a very good relationship with them, but they are a completely seperate company with different ownership.

I know the owner very well and he always works with customers and does his best when situations like this come up. I don't know any of the details of this situation, but I do know selling used machines is a difficult business and hard to always keep everyone happy. Just my two cents on that though.

And thank you to all those of you who gave us the benefit of the doubt on this even though it wasn't us. It shows a great deal of integrity on behalf of the posters of this site. We really do appreciate that.

Take Care
Ryan Aarstol
WesSpur Tree Equipment

Our last conversation sounded like the end of it.
I have nothing against the catalog company, i have problems with the machine company's end of it,
as a catalog supplier they are fine,
Bob McGavin of wesspur is great I trust him completely so when he vouched for their other rep i didnt sweat it.
I wanted to know how everyone elses experience has been.
As far as hobby climbers comments
i have a wife and 6 kids,
i brought my wife and 6 month old with me cause it was our anniversary and a 2 to 3 day road trip without 5 other kids sounded fun

I am an odd individual too, climbing since 14..now 32
cert arb, cert tree worker, ehap, cdl,
i have only taken a break from trees for a couple year stint in the 101st airborne.
I live in humboldt ca, own a tree service and keep 4 to 6 men busy all year
we strive to abide by ansi and isa standards
i dont remove protesters from trees.
I do prune and remove large trees on a regular basis and love every bit of it.I work my butt of to earn my $ because we our in an economically challenged area..its not like every ones got money to throw around and i have anywhere from 1 to 3 hours of drive time each way to get to the sites i service.
besides all that i try to enjoy my time at footbal games watchin my son play or at all the other appts familly life requires.
i take it personal when someoe tries to rip me off.
i am a man of my word and hold as much value to looking you in your eye and a handshake to seal a deal.
if you want to question my integrity ...fine...i've never screwed any of my suppliers and have a good standing relationship with my workers and the community

As far as hobby climbers comments
i have a wife and 6 kids,
i brought my wife and 6 month old with me cause it was our anniversary and a 2 to 3 day road trip without 5 other kids sounded fun

------------------

Wow, thinking back when my first child was about that age, I thought a vacation to the north woods would be a good idea too.

After she was fed, we would all go for a drive on the gravle roads to get her to go to sleep...worked like a charm! By the end of the week, my then baby girl would only sleep if the road was bumpy and would cry & wine non stop on the smooth Hwy!

On the way home, the crying was so disturbing & non stop that I had to drive with half the vehicles tires on the gravle shoulder to get her to stop!

Live & learn I guess. Sorry again for getting off on the wrong foot.

...and Happy Anniversary to you & your wife!

HC

Hey Frans
good to see ya here,
Hobby Climber, appology accepted...you thought i was just a lil punk ,and thats all out of the way i understand under the bridge
hopefully they will come to some sort of terms,
i have lots of work residental and 10.5 mi of row to create in the next 3 months plus firesafe council,
nobody fronts $ for their work so i do it and bill it residential carries all other projects .
stressful bro

thattreeguy-

I don't have any say about what happens at the machine sale business, which is where your problem is, but if there is anything I can help with related to climbing gear let me know. I mostly just do the purchasing there, but I'm also an arborist and a climber myself, not just some sales guy.

Welcome to the House!

Seems like everything is workin' itself out... but a forum is a bad place to start off with your first post being a rant...

Also not a good place to air dirty laundry so to speak...

Gary

Seems like everything is workin' itself out... but a forum is a bad place to start off with your first post being a rant...

Also not a good place to air dirty laundry so to speak...

Gary

Welcome to the TREEHOUSE! anyways ....thattreeguy...Maybe there should be a used equipment , GOOD / BAD / UGLY thread!

A split company with different owners...didn't know that!

Thanks for the clearification Ryan, now we know.

I think I should view my post signature more often also, it might help keep my foot out of my mouth!!!

HC

hey thanks Bounce,
ive always valued the help that ive received, and am not out to screw anyone , bad time for the name switch..
Frans
the idea of me getting the grand from the commision was my suggestion , just to try and be accoutable on both ends,
i feel as if my sales guy screwed someone id be accoutable to whatever was necessary..after all their my agent right?...so why any difference....
I'll try to get down from my soapbox now.

First off man welcome to the Treehouse.

Secondly, sorry for your luck on a crappy truck. Hope it works out for you.

And thirdly Wesspur Ryan, Sean, and the guys at the arb supply end have been great to deal with imo. I don't shop anywhere else. They've been more than fair in our dealings and on the ball each time I order and then continously harrass them as to where my order is.:|:

I dunno, but I'll be thinking of that story the next equipment purchase time.

I dunno, but I'll be thinking of that story the next equipment purchase time.

Now that is a great example of the value of these tree forums!:thumbup:

A crappy lesson to be learned for sure. But sure made me more aware. funny timing 'cause I'll be going up to Eugene soon to check out a truck myself...I was gonna put it off and just pay for it, but not now.

Back