wesspur has problems

I bet tree services in that area know all about the sitter removals

Ive always wanted to do a "Tree Sitter" removal.
Dont really know why.
But before I retire I hope to climb a tree to remove some tree sitter.

If I ever do get this chance, I hope they are as hard set at staying as I am at removing them.......Damn it's late. I'm going to bed. Paul has logged off & I cant "HOLLER" stupid stuff at him.

My idea of removing a tree sitter involves standing at the bottom with the 394 and yelling TIMBER!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i know your having fun on the sitter extraction.....
but its a hot subject that affects your business and standing in our community,
ive seen some very good and very bad extractions, no need to risk some kids life over it, go do some rescue training,
RiverRat, I know climbers from both sides of the battle and it gets ugly from here
both sides are so determined, its a stand we decided on long ago,and im comfortable with it, when all that was going down up here we as the local arborist were getting clients upset because there were arbs and caa members up here pulling people down
which made sales go down, its like my pool, and some came an pee'd in it, ok really it was more like a couple of brown floaters on the water for our rep...so keep up the rescue training
dream of fight club in a harness whatever...thats an old argument
by the way, i used to love to show up to caa and isa events and call people out on it right off, it was fun to see people squirm, they sure dont like to see me a comin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yup, i ref'd cbs to ya....i can throw a rock and hit the scotia mill from here.
i can smell whats growin in the hills from my porch...i live in the humboldt county ca redwoods
you do know me bro

Yes, we posted at the same time, mate - cease your yelling. :what:

And fill out your profile, lessen you're a secret agent orrrrr whutnot.

I have the feeling I must know you. Whats your name?

Frans, You didn't say the slightest thing out of line but before my very eyes and ears your post morphed into The Eagles singing "Peaceful Easy Feeling".
:O <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yLEAmRirJqA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yLEAmRirJqA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Pick it up from 3:00-3"13

:big-tongue2: to think I grew up on that stuff.

As for 'peaceful easy feeling' Deva would be proud of me :)

My idea of removing a tree sitter involves standing at the bottom with the 394 and yelling TIMBER!!!!

Am I the only one here who can see things from the tresitters side of the forest?
I have been a logger my whole adult life, and made my living from killing trees, but around here we implemented sustained logging practices in 1763.
Enough oldgrowth has been logged in the Pacific NW in my opinion.
It is time for americans to stop viewing logging as mining, just keep on taking it out, till there is no more left.
For the guys in the little gyppo outfit that I run, Julia butterfly is a hero!

Did I just stir up a hornets nest or what?

Am I the only one here who can see things from the tresitters side of the forest?
I have been a logger my whole adult life, and made my living from killing trees, but around here we implemented sustained logging practices in 1763.
It is time for americans to stop viewing logging as mining, just keep on taking it out, till there is no more left.

Not at all, Stig. I was just screwing around. I'm all for tree sitters if they've got their facts straight on the particular tree they're willing to die for. The whole gist of it is to change our attitude towards natural resources, and that's cool. Plus, anybody that can poop in a tree has my attention.

you speak of sustainable logging since 1763, it can obviously be done. while i dont beleive we should clear cut old growth i beleive it can also be sustainable. our main issue is most greenies think all logging is bad and try to shut down all of it. the definition of old growth cant be agreed upon either, some say 80 years old is old growth:|: i think its a shame to see it just hit the ground and rot, even if we could log dead and dying old growth. the lumber from this is incredible, first class.

our main issue is most greenies think all logging is bad and try to shut down all of it.

You are right on that count. They do tend to attract some weird types, to put it mildly.
Julia Butterfly Hill however, sat for 2 years in her redwoodtree to protest the logging of the area known as Headwaters forest in Humboldt County, CA. It is app. 60000 acres of virgin forest formerly owned by Pacific Lumber co.
Eventually so much controversy was stirred up because of this, that the government (State of California, whatever ?) purchased Headwaters and turned it into a preserve.
So If you look at it from that angle, Julia won the fight.
However you want to look at it, it takes some balls to sit for 2 years in a treetop.
A local sawmill worker I talked to in '99 put it this way: " she sure is one crazy bitch, but you've got to respect her".

For many years every time I had more business cards printed , I always wanted to write " Protesters ... Installed ... Removed " I always held off ... It'd make me look like a whore ...

I saw most of the documentary about her "experience" I come away with mixed feelings about JBH.... more than anything she was a TRESSPASSER plain and simple... I do though admire her use of advanced climbing techniques to kick Rudy's ass , when he was sent up to remove her , Rudy coulndn't get off the trunk ... while she freely moved around the canopy to escape ... She did not sit that tree for two years...she was on the ground quite regularly ...all fact! ...PS: the thread is Wespur's problems ....poor Julia got some mental problems!

Back