wesspur has problems

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the trees and the climbing are amazing that alone is part of the beauty of the forrest. i love to wake up and smell the trees ..and hear a yarder whistle: .

b
i know your having fun on the sitter extraction.....
but its a hot subject that affects your business and standing in our community,
ive seen some very good and very bad extractions, no need to risk some kids life over it, go do some rescue training,
River Rat, I know climbers from both sides of the battle and it gets ugly from here
both sides are so determined, its a stand we decided on long ago,and im comfortable with it, when all that was going down up here we as the local arborist were getting clients upset because there were arabs and caa members up here pulling people down
which made sales go down, its like my pool, and some came and peed in it, ok really it was more like a couple of brown floaters on the water for our rep...so keep up the rescue training
dream of fight club in a harness whatever...that's an old argument
by the way, i used to love to show up to caa and isa events and call people out on it right off, it was fun to see people squirm, they sure don't like to see me a comin.
Hey, thanks for the explanation.
I have often wondered about the negative thoughts some folks with in the tree community have on those that have done this. Your explanation makes great sense.

If I ever get called on to do this,#1 priority, the sitter comes out safely & smelling the same as me.

Did I just stir up a hornets nest or what?
Why HELL NO!
No trees & we would all be out of work. I was given to thoughts of tree sitting a few moons back.

A big gorgeous Bur Oak was to be removed for an apartment complex that was going in. That tree was alive during our Civil War. Years ago when I was younger I had shot many squirrels & deer while they ate underneath it's limbs.
I did not want to see that tree go......

So yes, I have felt & thought about that which you speak

hey
we got off track here
I dont trust hills integrity either, everyones a pawn in the game, but i appreciate the efforts of the loggers and the preservationists...it all worked out in the end...the kids just came down from their trees recently, there was a sit a couple miles from me ...big beauty of a tree called spooner just up nanning creek above scotia...check it out . ..
so now that you know a lil about me also know i dont care for all the politics of this stuff i just love the big trees and what they do for us
and wanted to find out if there was anyone else in a similar position as i am.. i really hate sneaking my truck around at night ..getting rides back etc. its lame, but if i dont here from them...hopefully i'll come up on a job and be able to fix it all....NEXT TIME i will send the vehicle to the Ford dealer before purchase for an independant 3rd party review

RiverRat: If I ever get called on to do this,#1 priority, the sitter comes out safely & smelling the same as me.

You want to smell like patchouli oil?
:big-tongue2:

still playing phone tag...no results though....i dont know that i have time for this crud now . maybe after my row job that i cant drive to i'll have an official answer.

After all this time nothing ever came from the newly formed Area north machine sales, nothing, i like the idea of a column of equipment buying, good bad and f-ugly
Anyone want a non smog legal man cab chip rig? I've been dealing with the nickle and dime stuff with my change jar. just cant get smog legal in cali.

Post a picture of it in the Trading Post forum and you'll have better luck. Its a shame to keep bumping this thread as it make a decent company look bad through no fault of their own. By that I mean the part of the company that sells ropes and Arborist toys.

easy to say, harder to do, besides i casually know the guy who dropped a tree on david "gypsy" chain a few years back, now he's messed up in the head years later, people still call him and send him hate mail, sad situation.

Back