Weekend fun after a hard weeks work

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks.It's long,but i did'nt put it together.We put this show on for 20 years at a small country fair.It started with two spruce poles spliced together for a lenght of 60 feet plus 8 in the ground.a couple of years later,we got 2 eighty footers shipped from the west coast,they were not treated so they did not last.The last pole we got shipped is treated.and a 100 foot tall, not shown in the video,this is an older video.This last pole cost $5000.im sure the guy who cut it did not get much of that, shipping is the pricey part.We retired this comedy act,if you can call it that 3 years ago,may revive it one more time next year,against the wishes of my wife.She thinks we should on a high note.The ego dies slow.We did have fun and a lot of laugh's.

Great job, that is funny. I like the "King of the Mountain" with a twist, that would be fun. Are you guys available for parties? :lol:

yeah were not talking rope.They were cut in an angle to fit together,then bolted together with threaded rod.Made a little tricky to climb,cause you had to remember where the bolts were.As for parties,( have pole will travel) lol

Standard semi trailers are 53' long. Something 100' long would probably require special permits in order to transport.

Seperate rear carriage. 100' is nothing remarkable, but Brian is right, special permits...look into the transport of the wind generator blades and towers, for comparison :).

Cool vids...my favorite part is when the guy is standing on top of the pole then front flips off and zips away. Not sure if I would do that! Right at 11:57

I'd love to see one going down the Interstate. :drink:

If you're talking about the wind turbines, it's a pretty common sight these days on I-84. They are huge. You would not believe the number of wind farms, with dozens, nae, tens of dozens of individual windmills on lands adjacent to the Columbia River Gorge and both north and south of there.

The poles are shipped by train to Nova scotia to a company who supplies poles for the utillity companys.then they are hauled to here to Prince Edward Island by special trucks ,with extendable trailers.We now have a 10 mile bridge which made it a lot easier for the 100 pole.The 80 footers came before the bridge,they had to drive on to the ferry.Now that took a lot of space with the two spotter vehicles front and rear.I remember having to unload roadside cause they could not turn into the fair grounds due to the narrow roads.Well it's time to head out to slay some trees..

I know this video is long and somewhat repetitious,but if some of you made to the flying nun ill tell you how we made her lift off.The nun weighed 150 lb the other climber weighed 200 lb.The nun would tell the audiance she was about to fly off to heaven.or some other foolish thing,then to signal the climber she would flap her arms or wings.The climber kicked off, dropped and up went the nun,we had a tag line on her to bring back down.they were a perfect match the climber came down at a good speed.We would come up with a new skit every year,one year we went up and had a poker game.We had a little platform on a tall skinny pole with a poker table a couple bottles of booze,well you know the rest of the story,after a few minutes of playing an argument started all hell broke loose table bottles and the players went flying.It was fun and the crowd really liked it.I was at one time thinking of taking to the road with it.With more practice i think we could have made a few bucks with,cause we never really practiced.What's needed is continous action to keep them interested.You come up with a skit then work on it,make it fast and crazy and they will come,lol

I've seen many wind turbine blades on the highways. Wind turbines are gaining steam here. The blades are big.

Back