Weaver/Stein Crane Bag

chris_girard

Treehouser
So I guess my question is (and maybe Reg can help us out with this one) why did Stein discontinue the Crane Sling Bag? Was it just a matter of them not selling enough? I have one and love it, though I do feel that Stein could have used some better, more durable canvas. This has nothing to do with Reg's design, as I know that once his ideas go into production, it's kind of out of his hands.

Weaver is known for their rugged bags, so maybe this one will be a little studier and not rip as quickly.

Like I said, I love this bag and recommend climbers who do a lot of crane work, purchase one.

https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=0&item=15051#

Well that's news to me. Thanks for posting Chris.

It would've been nice to be asked if they could use my video to sell a competitors product.

You're right Chris, it should've been made out if tougher material. I don't know when exactly it went out of production. We never really discussed it. The concept was really to allow any climber of a reasonable skill level to jump straight into crane work, without getting freaked out about balancing and stuff. I guess they didn't sell enough. I don't know how to feel looking at that link.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow Reg, I would have thought for sure that you would have been one of the first people to have known about this.

Back