Tree felling vids

Here's a take down from a few Saturdays ago.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kJMWoN9hH0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You know you don't want to have your line in a crotch that the throw line gets stuck in :lol:

I miss sugar maples. I would probably like working them as a tree man.
Looks like you are using 1/2 " Esterlon.. I had some too and went back to Stable braid.. milked too much for my liking. Sold the last bit to a customer after abusing it for a few years. Says something about how tough it is...

Nice drop :)

Thanks,
and yes, it milks a lot. And it does take a lot of abuse. ;)
Not sure what I would get next for rigging line, need to do some "research". :)

Good post, thanks. I was wondering why he used his boom over center/backwards for much of the removal? It didn't seem like it offered any extra reach in those positions. He switches it back at 2.55.

I had the opportunity to meet Lawrence Shultz at TCIA expo, we went out for dinner and drinks and had a blast. Hes a real character and has some skills.

Heres a great video he put out about a day in his life as a municipal tree guy in NYC

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b3GfBfGVJHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3GfBfGVJHs

Enjoyed that, Nick. Looks like the job gives those guys a good if not crazy sense of humor too. Even Axel was getting along with Slash!

That was real cool. Among the things that struck me were how weird it seems to clock in to a tree job using a hand scan. And why not use the bucket on that London plane instead of climbing.

What struck me too was having this big municipal building that you go to and start your day. It seemed other worldly like. It needed a JB poster on the wall. Stihl calendar probably not allowable.

That was real cool. Among the things that struck me were how weird it seems to clock in to a tree job using a hand scan. And why not use the bucket on that London plane instead of climbing.

I wondered that too, it seemed like he rigged off the branches all in big double roped cuts... Maybe he didnt want the boom up at first. He rigged the stems off from the bucket.

I really enjoyed the video. It was so different from the way our day went. I think if I lived in NYC I could really dig it. 7-3::30 on the dot... nice building and enclosed lot...

Nick, wasn't big Green 8 hours on the dot, most of the time?

Wow! That's alot of hours in 5 days, or was it 6

Back