Tree felling vids

I will cut it as low as I feel comfortable and if they want it lower they can pay to have it ground out. Full wrap half wrap all have their places it depends on the job for me.

You're right, Justin.

When people ask me about how low I can go, I tell them that it takes more time and wear and tear and sharpening to cut that squirrelly-grained, dirty wood, so more cost, but less than me bringing my grinder.

Get paid a chunk extra for ALAP. I normally spec the contract for a stump to be 4" or less. ALAP costs $xx.00 more.

I can't be bothered for the wear and tear. I used to tell people asking me to cut dirt is like asking a butcher to take his knives and drag them across the sidewalk. Charging more would take some of the sting out of it I suppose. But I just quoted alap without cutting dirt. Beyond that it's grinder work.

Cut it low, then if they want it lower huff and puff and cut it a few inches lower then sell them on the miracles of grinding!

Yes, larger fir stumps. I usually just say 4 or 6 inches or less, to give me some buffer, and cut it low as is reasonable. They feel like they get a little extra. They can't complain about it not being low enough.

If they want to mow over it, that would mean digging around the stump, and a lot of dirty cutting.

Around here, lots of people don't mind a stump, some finding something 'ornamental' to do with it. Others will grind. A lot of times it can easily be hidden with mulch, so I tell them rather than paying me to drive a second truck and trailer (basically, no money in it for one stump), I'll just cut it low, they may have to build up a bit of mulch. Easy peasy.

Carving the quick $100 bear is better money than either, I suspect. Gotta learn.

Yes, larger fir stumps. I usually just say 4 or 6 inches or less, to give me some buffer, and cut it low as is reasonable. They feel like they get a little extra. They can't complain about it not being low enough.

If they want to mow over it, that would mean digging around the stump, and a lot of dirty cutting.

Around here, lots of people don't mind a stump, some finding something 'ornamental' to do with it. Others will grind. A lot of times it can easily be hidden with mulch, so I tell them rather than paying me to drive a second truck and trailer (basically, no money in it for one stump), I'll just cut it low, they may have to build up a bit of mulch. Easy peasy.

Maybe you could raise your stump prices or find a sub that can put it on their route...

Yes, that plays.

Haha, you are right, I dig a longer vid than that. I'm too old to absorb/appreciate fleeting images like that.

Cool license plate!

I agree its art but its borderline strobe art. Not that effective, for me. If it's good for you then hell yeah.

Back