Tree felling vids

Truth there...I recall with deep pain having to leave a nice 041 in a pinched kerf in my early days, that big heartrotted red cedar spun so slow and hurt that old saw so bad...

Well, sure on a 361. Do you just run half wraps on the bigger saws too? Just more economical?

I remember Max was always fine with a half wrap too. It was funny though... once he had to fall a tree... he would grab MINE (3/4)!

Yeah, I even went so far as to....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422280467907.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422280467907.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 96
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422280517280.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422280517280.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 95
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422280559194.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422280559194.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 95
I can't imagine that would be with it Pete, thanks for the thought though.
My crew actually asked me to do that but I didn't hesitate. More useful to us this way

O.k. Willie, we've been friends for a while now, but you seriously just killed a $100.00 handlebar just to convert it into a silly half-wrap?

Man.................... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrgh....... we've got about a hundred of em laying around our stupid shop!!! Couldn't get our hands on a 3/4 if we tried!

Man! Clarence has really gotten through to you, hasn't he! I suppose you've got full comp on that pig too!!

That is so sad, Willie. I'm crying here. Anguished. My heart hurts.

I think that is against the laws of moral behavior.

You will probably suffer some deep personal indignation to pay for that desecration...I only hope it's not too painful, for I still like you...sorta.

:D

Overvaluing the concept of balance is a liberal vice, grasshopper.
:)

Besides, I already took care of that, my unwrapped 361, 200RH, and 200T stand in opposition to the 044 and 064 in their glorious wrappedness.

You better fix that 660, son. Fires of hell await he who ignores the Burnham...well, maybe :P.
;)

I may have to make some Daniel style videos to show the benefits of this new discipline. I'm so misunderstood

Haha... "My crew asked me to do it"... Man, I'll bet Willie's new guys are a real treat to work with. ;)

"Uhhh.... boss, this saw don't fit good into the chip truck, crammed into the 361 I smashed."

Ouch, knew I'd take a beating for that. Only thing I'd do differently is trade Jed though...

Yeah, I even went so far as to....
Willie you would've been better off with a real half wrap. Now you have that square 90 degree corner that your left thumb is gonna bang against.
Half wrap has that nice curved corner with full rubber grip going around.

Nicer??? Oh my hurtin' heart. This is still a horrible thing for me to contemplate, taking a sawsall to a proper 3/4 wrap handle.

OK, I can swallow, barely, the decision a sawyer might make to run a standard handle on a saw, given they live in a miserable flat place...even if that still means they have reduced their options of truly ergonomic saw deployment to next to nothing.

But to rape a perfectly good 3/4 wrap handle for expediency, argued for by ground grunges...Willie, you tax my patience, much as I admire you, friend.
:evil:
:P
:D

Back