Tree Angel

Bixler

TreeHouser
Cool tool.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Q86ceE4jhcM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You show that off well Brian. I better think about getting one of those for my incomplete controlled speed line set up.

Noticed your saw lanyard, I’ve been trying the TreeStuff ‘snap detachable’ lanyard on my saws this week. Sure is nice to be able to use the saw for a few cuts on the ground and not have the lanyard to deal with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes Merle, I can not believe how much life I've gotten out of that saw lanyard. I did see the new ones at treestuff.com . They look very handy, we were actually just talking about that at work. I wonder about the plastic clip in part though… can you trust it %100 ?

What is the deal with the tree angel? Where did you get it? That was a great commercial

It's available at Treestuff. I saw a video on fb showing some Japanese Arborists using it and I have to admit that it made the thing look pretty darn handy. It still looks to be a very situation specific tool but it got me thinking.

It seems more like a DMM Hub than that backbone thing from Walmart....... I mean Sherrill. I'm not sure on direct rope and sling connections like the Hub. Brain can you comment on that aspect?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, neat tool, it really gets my wheels turning. The Tree Angel does well with direct rope and sling connection Eric, very smooth rounded feel to it.

Bixler..... My bad for not being specific enough with my question. How about the holes in the Angel? Would those be good to tie directly into? I noticed you running things through the bigger openings but nothing really on the small holes

Eric, the holes are too small for half inch rope, something smaller would work.

TreeclimbingWorld just put this vid out. Shows the Angel and also great use of the STEIN pre-tensioning pulley.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/maGo0eJCDYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm getting more intrigued. Maybe it's the slow winter but I'm thinking of more and more jobs that we have done where this thing would have come in handy.

What I liked is the Stein Tensioner Pulley! I got some ideas for this thing.

As for the first half the video, he could've simply quick rigged them with slings, untied them and threw them out as far. Would've saved 15minutes.

I'd like to see someone manage big rigging with this system....

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a9iqYF-2Asw?list=UUxJ7nKZKesLKLcTKjK8A8Jg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like the look of that Tree Angel. Has the same uses as the DMM Hub or a rigging plate but with more options. I like the idea of tying on multiple branches (I do this a lot) without karabs.
Cool.

It's a different tool. Yes it can be a rigging plate, but the hub doesn't allow you to attach a sling if the hub is attached to the end of a rigging line

love
nick

Also, plenty of times when I've been rigging multiple branches onto my DMM rigging plate I've seen a karab turned sideways. Generally not an issue but it's a worry on larger pieces and a karab was wrecked on one occasion.
No chance of that with the Tree angel I guess.

Bixler, that is some great rigging. Congrats to your groundsman too, he clearly knows the job.
I love real clockwork rigging like that.

Yes Butch, ditto, but they're rarer than good climbers. 'Cos let's face it, the money's usually poor and it's bloody hard!
Plus you don't get the glamour of being a climber! (Joke btw)

Back