To be tied in is a plus when logging check out (false crotch pics)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry my daughter was hassling me about her bunny or barbie still can't find it. Stopped and started this post over 10 times over an hour span. Keep them a little shorter to the point got off subject

High line with floating tie in for the climb line and high line floating block... pretension and swing pick into a parking area. Two separate lines from two separate points of rigging. on two different trees. Special kind of circumstances.

Love that first pic... would be goo to put a hard hat on groundie with all that crispy wood dancing on a rope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I used to be not so strict about hard hats and p.p.e. Since Sandy, seen too many close calls. Having to run the largest crew I ever did before," a lot of newbies" I made everybody were P.P.E. From then on My crew works with P.P.E

As one of the owners.. I can not force him to wear one. He has even taken a couple of hits in the past and still will not. This will however, be solved with buying the comm units. Since they will be part of the helmets :D

As the climber you should be able to lay that law down partners or not. You'll be the one dropping something that could bonk him on the head.

I don't like anyone entering the drop zone without ppe.

As the climber you should be able to lay that law down partners or not. You'll be the one dropping something that could bonk him on the head.

I don't like anyone entering the drop zone without ppe.

That's probably right up there with not wanting people to enter the dropzone unannounced.

Why is it so hard for groundies to understand gravity can kill them unexpectedly? Why would you go under a big rigged branch and hold up your hand for the final 25' of the lower, like you are doing some Yoda-stuff.

I guess I'll never have a partner lol. He's creating risk of harm to himself and risk of hurting someone more seriously than need be for you.
My forestry background is probably the stumbling block for me.

I've been trying to figure out what to take up in the tree to throw at people on the ground. Now I hopefully won't have that problem with 3 headsets, plus now I don't want to break the comm unit on the back. haha.

I just hope he complies. I would hate to have to break up a working team.. As much as he can irritate me, we pull off some real good work together. Pretty much would have to buy him out or quit and go solo. Solo opens up a new can of worms. There is only one guy up here I would have work with me and he is giving me his customers. His injuries and 20 plus yeas in this business have taken their toll. He's out.
Hired gun ain't gonna cut it up here. An office job or dirve around super would kill me at this point. I doubt I could hide resentment climbing for $18.00 per hour...

You just have to keep running him to the truck, again and again and again and again. If he had on his 'ears' he could have gotten it all at once. Just sorta kidding. When its more an inconvenience not to wear it, he might just start to like it. If you get some good jokes lined up, it will encourage the use.

Groundies don't seem to realize that if a climber drops something on a groundie, seriously injuring them, the climber may never be able to do their job effectively, again. Sorta like falling out of a tree.

:lol:

HE has decided the HE has noticed that lack of communication is a safety issue enough to wear a helmet comm...

In other words.. He is growing tired of me pointing out his certain attention flaws and getting so pissed about it, it worries him.

My take on it. Anyway.. see how it goes.. The running back and forth to the truck idea is funny as shit.
I made him gas my saw today since he was just holding up the tail end of the truck with his shoulder smoking a cig... :lol:
I needed to get into the tree....

Does Rob climb at all for AR purposes, or just to understand the vantage point of the climber, or rec climb? It sure makes people (groundies) see things differently. Since you have the Wraptor, it would be easy.

Rob does not climb and has a thing about height.
In the Marines he did rappel etc... Hated every moment..
No more height for him.. Hard to even get him on a roof. I blow them off instead.

Back