To all ISA cert. arborists

• Thread starter Frans
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 4K

Do you wear your ISA Cert. Arborist patches/logos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The worst part is that after you pay your $350 and get your little card verifying that you've reached the "pinnacle of the profession", then you can take that card and a buck fifty and buy a cup of coffee at Waffle House. :(

What's wrong with a cup of coffee a Waffle House? I love that place!!!! ...and I don't get the connection.:|:

in other words, with out the buck fifty, your card wont even get you a cup of coffee

Not true! As a cert'd arb I've been offered coffee as I'm doing a bid/quote/consult/recommendation type dealio. So there!:P

:lol:

the isa Cert is needed here for most of the cities and municipalities for any reports, it makes me money for sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
wagnaw, what is your job at the isa?

I got certified to try and set myself apart from all the other tree services advertising in the yellow pages. It has gotten me some work but not like I had hoped.

wagnaw, what is your job at the isa?

I work for Sharon Lilly and the EG&S department. I applied for and got a fellowship to work at the ISA for the summer, working to create a new photo database for them. I also wrote two climber's corner articles for Arborist News, and I was an assistant editor/ designer for the last two CD-ROMS in that 10 CD series they've been putting together. Which we just finished by the way!!!!!
I have to say, I really enjoy being at the ISA, and the people I'm working with are great and really open to the comments I've made about things this summer. I've tried to pay close attention to the way things work while I've been there, and I've definitely seen areas where you can tell people have been doing things a certain way for a while, and they need to take a step back to look outside of their box. Actually, pretty much the whole EG&S department just turned over, all three of the managing editors are new, and I think that people are starting to rethink things a little.
Sharon offered me a job if I wanted to stay, but I don't think I'm ready for a long term desk job. I feel like I've been whithering away all summer, and I know getting back into work and climbing again is gonna have me hurting in the morning. I'm looking forward to it though.
Are you going to be at St. Louis? I'm a tech at the ITCC, so if anyone stops by, look for the goofy looking kid with the patchy beard. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you going to be at St. Louis? I'm a tech at the ITCC, so if anyone stops by, look for the goofy looking kid with the patchy beard. :D

We can see that from your picture :)

No, I wont be there. Only one event a year for me. Can't get away more than that for a week long 'vacation'.

Thanks for your civil replies.

My rant about the isa has not stopped, it is just I have had enough for now.

Back